Chapter One; Me And My Life.

Laura Cotter, that's my name. I'm a 16 year old girl living in Manhattan with my Auntie Carren. Fun. I just recently started high school and a job in the cafè down the road from my house. My Aunt had to force me to start that job. If I had a choice for my life, I would sit at home doing nothing.

I'm not one of your typical teenage girls. I'm not one to dress up and try to impress people. To be honest, I don't care what I look like, or what people think. They're not me.

I actually look quite alot like my mum when she was my age. Except I don't quite have her beauty. She was a tall skinny girl, long legs and a lovely slim figure. She had long brunette hair that cascaded down her back in loose waves reaching the top of her bum. He eyes were such a bright blue, you could probably see them in the dark. To top it off she had such a fun, bubbly personality.

All I got from her was the brunette hair; but mine only reaches the lower part of my back. I unfortunately got my green coloured eyes from the idiot I have to call a father. But luckily they're hidden with my long dark lashes. Unlike my mum, I'm quite small, but I guess I have her slim figure. I gladly got her tanned olive skin too.

::::::::::

On my fourteenth birthday two years ago, my friend threw me a birthday party at her house across the town from my house. That night was when I got a call from the hospital saying my mother had been badly beaten and I had to be there urgently.

When I got there, it was too late. My mother's injuries were too severe to survive through. She had 16 stab wounds to the abdomen. A cracked scull from a blow to the head. Three broken bones in her left leg and to top it all off there were huge bruises covering her body.

I was broken for days. Months. And I still suffer now. I was instantly taken into care as my father was thrown straight into jail for murdering my mother. I fell into deep depression. The only alternative to making me feel happy was hurting myself. Self-harming.

When I turned fifteen I came to America to live where I am now. Great life, huh? My Auntie has helped me so much through my depression. But I know I could never, ever be as happy as I was before the incident.

My Auntie is the only person that knows about what happened. I have never, ever told anyone. I just think they'll all pity me.

The closest friend I have at the moment is Georgina. She is actually amazing. She knows I have a past, but she has never asked about it. She knows it's a touchy subject so she just gives me a shoulder to cry on without any questions.

**********

Authors Notes.

So guys, my first chapter of my first story. This chapter was literally just meant to say about her past and about her-ish. It will get better, trust me. And I know it's short. I decided to keep just this one short. It's basically a taster.

Please, give me your opinions. Vote, comment and follow me please?

I will be uploading every 5-10 days. It shouldn't really be taking long. But if it does its probably because of school.

After every chapter, I'll be giving you the Authors Notes it will literally be saying what this one is now-.-

Okay, I'm waffling.

Next chapter might be up tomorrow.

Peace, love you's.

:D