Chapter 16

Edward could not sleep last night, for some reason Mia kept on shivering and then all of a sudden she started moving around. Until he had enough, pulled her close and spooned her to fall asleep. Right now , he could feel her soft hands smoothening his grouchy eyebrows. He didn't like it that she was up so early, so he said , "Mia sleep." which brought an abrupt end to the caressing. He frowned a bit further. This was accompanied with little giggles, and butterfly kisses on his chin. He quite liked that, even his wolf. He playfully growled at her,and coddled her closer. He had no idea, how he had transformed into a cuddler, but if it was Mia, he quite liked it.

Mia felt cherished, perhaps this was what felt being like a mate . Ed's Mate. She liked the sound of it. Then she realized that may be Ed's wolf wanted to connect with hers, and he was pacing around impatiently. Although imagining his wolf pacing around brought her giggling , then she stopped , the poor wolf would be so lonely,because she lost hers. Her eyes became teary, right at that moment, she felt Ed literally coddling her closer if it was possible.

"Hey Mia, its ok to miss your parents, we can go visit them if you want?"

"Ed its not that. Your wolf..."

"What about him?"

"He won't have a mate because of my condition"

"When he chose you, he knew that.. Its ok actually."

"Really?"

"I promise I will never lie to you my Mate. I won't deny that I was not looking for a Mate in the Royal Ball, I was looking for Knight. I did find him, but I also found you." He kissed her forehead affectionately, he knew that he wanted to protect her , take care of her, when she came in between them. Did he deserve the little flower, Hell no.. But he felt alive with her, and didn't want to let go of that.

While Edward was in the shower, Mia's mobile started ringing. She received the call on the fourth ring, and right now even as Edward came out, she was still on it. Her expression looked grim, he held her free hand, and she finally gave him a smile, and mouthed him "Breakfast?". Ed nodded his head rapidly, usually the cook would be in by now, but cook did not turn up. So she finally said,"Zach I'll call you later, its breakfast time." and hanged up.

"Why did he call?"

"Regarding his patients, one of them had these splitting abdominal pains, reason unknown."

"Oh I know that.. The mate's cheating."

"Possible, but unlikely as she is still a child the wolf is yet to develop."

"Probably you have heard how I was kidnapped when i was young."

"Yes. "

He kept quiet , as a sudden message got delivered from the border patrol. He quickly went out and on his way out kissed her out of breath. She did blush for a few seconds. But she had to hurry over to pack grounds, more specifically to the open kitchen.

To her dismay she discovered that out of the three big open kitchens, Only two were open and the third one required special permission from the Alpha. Without wasting time, she checked the kitchen stocks. The cupboards where all the ingredients were neatly stocked. She didn't find anything suspicious, until she went checking the trash bags.

She didn't know why she felt checking trash bags were important, but she went with her natural instinct. And soon she was rewarded till she found a soft metallic grey crystal shavings. Not just in one trash bag, but in several more. Her suspicions were proven.

This meant the nightmare has only begun

--------------

I would like to thank all my readers who voted for this story. I did not expect such an overwhelming response, even from my silent readers. But personally I would like to thank the following people

KarenJessika @Sangdilmchen @marykshipman @debbie_evanfurn and @sebastienstan

for the stars. Thank you