CHAPTER SEVEN

Hey guys, I know this took longer than expected, but I do hope this chapter was worth the wait and I hope you enjoy it too. Remember to leave a comment and tap on that little star and the bottom. Thank you so much for reading. Love you!!!😍😍

Amina,

She stood at the entrance of the building, looking across the large field and hefty men standing at almost every corner. She was only able to see their heads thus she had no idea if they had weapons or not.

Where was she? She turned around and posed the question to Felix who was standing behind her.

"Don't bother you won't know the place?" Felix said as he walked back into the building signalling her to join him with his hands.

"Those men standing outside, do they have a gun?" Amina asked quite scared.

"Some of them, yes"

The tears where back "there's no way I can escape by myself " She said like it were a question.

"No"

Amina gazed at the large fields one more time before walking back to her prison.

"Why your Oga dey do me like this? Please tell me how much did hafiz steal?" she asked falling gently to the dusty floor.

"Over four hundred thousand is missing"

"What!!" Amina exclaimed

"Hafiz couldn't have taken that kind of money there was no way"

"What did he need it for, oh Hafiz! Why" she said as she let the tears fall.

Felix wanted to console her, tell her she was going to be fine but the sound of footsteps approaching made him rethink his action. So instead he quickly tied Amina's hand and legs back.

"Why you untie the girl Felix?" one of the men asked.

"She wan go piss" he blurted out.

Hearing those words made Amina realize how long it had been since she eased herself or had her bath and it made her feel really pressed.

"I wan piss" she muttered to Felix who knowing she could really be pressed began to untie her all over again.

"Wetin you dey do again, shey you talk say she don piss" one of the men asked.

"Ahah but she's still pressed now, una no get human sympathy at all" he said brusquely as he made his way to the out of the building, Amina followed closely behind.

Few minutes later they returned. The two other men were still in the building they were pacing and this made Amina feel uneasy she wondered if they had been ordered to kill her and where still trying to bring themselves to doing the act.

Felix saw that she was uneasy and thus stayed by her side until another young man came to announce they were being summoned by their boss. Amina was relieved they were gone but sad nonetheless.

The sun began to sink lower in the sky and the thick darkness Amina so despised was creeping in, the mosquitoes resumed their evening feast, and Amina lay helpless on the cold dusty floor. She could hear them buzz but her vision failed her, each time she felt the feasting was too much she would wave her hands in the air with hopes it would send them away. The crickets and toads weren't left out infact they made more noise than they did the previous night maybe because she was well aware of her environment now, it made her scared but not as scared as the shadow she saw walking into the building.

Amina could recognize his short physique from the shadows he was alone. Amina wasn't sure if she was supposed to be less scared or more frightened she couldn't see his face properly but the way he hovered around her without saying a word made her conclude he was probably pondering on her fate.

After a while he stopped kneeling in front of her, he scratched his head and leaned towards her.

"your bother never show" he whispered as he shut his eye and shook head, his breath of alcohol and cigarette smoke.

He kept looking at her as though he was expecting a reply, Amina gave him none.

"If him no come here by tomorrow your own don finish be that" he said in an atrocious voice as he stood up and walked out the building.

Amina sat it utter confusion, she stared into the darkness thinking about her short miserable life and how it was going to end the next day, Hafiz had to come, he had to save her she prayed before transiting into deep slumber. She was as tired, as she was devastated.

Moments later Amina heard voices in the background but she was too scared to open her eyes "this was the end" she thought.
She could hear her heart palpitating and she wondered how on earth life could be so unfair but then she felt a cold hand on her skin and immediately popped open her eyes .

"Get up" the voice said softly, it was a voice she knew.

She quickly got up and grabbed Felix outstretched hands as tears gathered in her eyes. He was either going to save her or do the exact opposite.

He untied her hands and feet carried her on his back and they left the uncompleted building for the fields, no one else followed from behind. So where did the other voice she heard come from, who did it belong to? Maybe she was hearing things, Amina thought.

It was extremely cold outside it almost made Amina miss the comfort of the prison she was leaving behind. They walked very carefully and slowly so as not to raise any alarm.
Amina wanted to ask Felix where they were headed but she was too tired and sleepy. By the time they had passed the fields Amina's clothes were almost soaked with dew, this made her shiver intensely as winds blew.

"Can you walk" Felix asked as he put her down.

Amina yawned, and blinked continuously as if it was somehow going to adjust her vision so she could see clearly. The road seemed like a long one but it was her road to freedom.

"Yes I can" she nodded

Felix took her hand and they walked hurriedly down the lonely path. After a very long walk, the cloud began to give way for the morning sun. Amina felt her knees weaken and before she knew it she was on the ground. Tears rolled down her eyes as she let out a weak sob.

Felix quickly picked her up "don't worry you'll be fine, i promise" he said as he carried her and placed her gently on his back again.

He walked slowly this time, so slow Amina could tell he was tired too. Soon they were on a tarred road. So many uncompleted buildings were situated around the area. She had never been to this part of the city before.
Felix told her to squat and wait by the side of the road while he went to check if the coast was clear. After some minutes he was back and they walked side by side.

As Amina walked further she could see a figure, someone was waiting at the side of one of the uncompleted buildings. The morning fog made it difficult for her to see who it was and moreover he was backing them.
The closer she got the more scared she became "didn't Felix see the person?" she wondered. Or was it part of the plan, was he selling her to someone else instead?

When they were almost there with tears in her eyes she turned and asked Felix "is that the person you're selling me to?"

Felix looked at her and signaled with his hand she go find out herself, there was a smile on his face.

"Go" he said to her again noticing her initial reluctance.

Amina let go of Felix hand and stopped in her tracks, Felix knelt before her and spoke softly

"shey na me carry you commot that place? " He asked.

Amina nodded.

"So trust me"

It took her forever to summon the courage but when she finally did she walked towards the stranger.

But should she have trusted Felix!