Daddy's Expired

"Happy Father's Day, daddy!" Lavender, Iris' and Jonas' daughter shouts, jumping on the bed while Iris leans against the doorframe.

"Thank you, Lavender," Jonas says, running a hand through his hair.

"We made you breakfast," Lavender says in her high voice, running over to Iris and grabbing something from the floor behind her.

She attempts to carry a large tray with scrambled eggs, bacon, and milk over to Jonas herself, but needs some help from Iris.

"We made you bacon and eggs, daddy," Lavender says.

"All by yourself?" Jonas asks, raising his eyebrows.

"No. Mommy helped." Lavender says. Jonas chuckles.

"Lavender, do you want to go get daddy his paper?"

"Okay!" Lavender squeals, running down the stairs and out the front door.

"Do you think that was a good idea?" Jonas asks, concern suddenly masking his face.

"Why? We live in a perfectly safe neighborhood," Iris says.

"Well, the old members of the society, like my brother, Colton, are hunting us down. Don't tell me you forgot," Jonas says.

"But why? What do they want with us?" Iris sighs. They hear a high-pitched scream from outdoors. Iris runs down the stairs. Jonas knocks over his breakfast, which splatters all over the covers of the bed, and follows Iris out the door.

Outside, Iris suddenly comes to a stop in front of Jonas and screams, reaching out to the scene in front of her, but Jonas holds her back.

The scene is frightening. In front is Colton, holding a struggling Lavender tightly. Many men stand around him, aiming guns at Jonas and Iris, who has tears silently streaming down her face.

"What do you want with us?" Jonas asks.

"We want you. The only two Expired known to exist so far. You shouldn't be here. Come to us, and your daughter will live." Colton smiles evilly.

"Colton— please," Iris chokes out.

"The Society is dead, Colton,"

"The Society will never be dead!" Colton roars. "The society is my past, present, and future!"

"Colton! I ended the Society long ago!" Jonas shouts at Colton.

"Well I'm bringing it back! And this time, I'm the Preemince! And anybody that's expired will die! Starting here!" Colton says. "Shoot them," he says to his gunmen.

Jonas grabs Iris' hand as gunshots go off around them. He pulls them forward towards their daughter, only to see Colton driving off in a black mustang, with a screaming Lavender in the backseat.

Jonas pulls out a hand gun from his back pocket and starts shooting off at the gunmen around them. A bullet hits one man in the head. Others get hit simply in the arm or leg.

"Check their dates," Jonas says.

"Why?" Iris asks.

"Just do it,"

Iris goes off around to all the men that are injured or unconscious. Once she approaches the dead man, she cries out.

"Jonas!"

"What?" Jonas says, running over.

"Today isn't his expiration date,"

"What?" Jonas pulls back the man's sleeve.

"How-"

"Is it a misprint?" Iris asks.

"I hope not," Jonas answers.

"Why?"

"We could bring down the new Society before it even starts."

🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼

Hey readers! So this Expiration Date FanFic is for MikaelaBender 's Father's Day Competition for Expiration Date!

MikaelaBender I'm so sorry it's so late and short, but here it is!