Chapter 9:Promises

3 weeks later
Xavier (P.O.V)
It's been three weeks since Desire' left me, and I haven't left the house since then. I love Desire' and my babies, but I don't want to leave my gang life, but I also want to make my family happy and I plan on marrying Desire' some day. I decided to get myself together and leave the house. I grabbed my keys off the table and left to the trap to smoke some weed and clear my mind. When I pulled up to the trap I parked and walked in, I went upstairs to my office and started rolling a blunt. Maurice walked in interrupting my buzz. "Aye nigga wats up with u, we ain't seen u in a minute". "Nothing, sitting at home thinking". "About wat"? "Desire' left me because I didn't want to get out the gang life for my family, and I said I didn't want a family". "Damn man, u fucked up y didn't u just leave this life? U got kids now to think about and a soon to be wife to take care of". "I know, but I been in the gang life since I was 14, this all I know how to do how am I gonna raise a family with a job that ain't paying shit". "Fuck that shit man, u know we got u and she got her daddy money. She going to college, and then she gone get a job by owning her own business, so u ain't got nothing to worry about, but if it hurts u so much then start your business in something u always wanted to do". "I guess u right, I don't know how I'm gonna apologize to her, or get her to talk to me". "Just let me worry about that, u just go get cleaned up and meet me back here in 2 hours". "Ight, see u my nigga". "Deuces". We dapped, and I left to get ready.

Maurice (P.O.V)
I drove to Desire' house to talk her into meeting with Xavier. When I got there I knocked on the door till she answered. "Hey baby girl, how u doing?". "Hey Maurice, I've been okay what brings you here?". "Can I come in, we need to talk". "Yea come on in". I walked in and sat down on the couch. "What's going on Maurice?". "Look Desire' I'm a been completely honest with you, you need to talk to Xavier ASAP". "Look Maurice I ain't got nothing to say to him, he the one who wanted to stay in that life I didn't okay, I'm not about to put my kids in danger because their father doesn't want to change for his family". "Come on Desie, you and them kids all he got and he chooses y'all to be part of his life, don't throw all those good memories away because he doesn't want to leave what he's been doing since he was a teen. Just please for me and those kids talk to him". "I don't know if I can, my heart is still broken and I don't know if you or him can fix that". "Please Desie, just talk to him please". "Fine I'll talk to him, just let me grab the girls and we can go". "OK, thank you for doing this". "Yea well I just want a change and I want it fast". After she walked upstairs, I called Xavier so he could meet us at his house. 10 minutes later we pulled to Xavier's house, I knocked on the until the door opened and Xavier was standing in the door way shirtless.

Desire (P.O.V)
When Xavier opened the door all I saw was his nice lightskin toned body covered in tattoos glistening. It made me hot and nervous just looking at him, but I had to get serious so he wouldn't know I was falling for him. We all sat down on the couch, "Nigga when I said to meet us at your house, I didn't mean for you to get all undress nigga". Maurice had tried to whisper. "Bruh, can u give us a minute please"? "Oh yea of course, I'm a leave, Desie call me when u ready". "OK, thanks Maurice". "Anything for u sis". Looking at him made me wanna break down and cry, but also kiss and touch all over his body, but I had to stay strong and focused. "I'm glad you decided to come, I really needed to get this off my chest", he explained. "I wanted to apologize for ignorance, and for being really selfish. I shouldn't have put my hustling life before my family, and I realized I can not live with out you and my kids. So I decided to...". I interrupted him, "Before you finish I have to tell you something, I decided to go to college and do betta with my life, but I can't do that if you not willing to give this drug lord shit up. No matter what I'll always love you, but I don't if me being with you will change who you are and how you feel". Even talking about this had me in tears, I just want a better life for my girls, but if Xavier isn't willing to do that, then there's nothing to discuss period. "I really do love you, and I do wanna someday make you my wife, but it's not easy to just give something up that you been doing your whole life. This drug business is how I support you and my babies, this is all I got". "No I'm all you got, and you about to lose that. Look baby, I will always be by your side no matter what, but I can't sit up here and wait to here you got shot over some petty ass shit. When you had kids that was a sign for you to step up and be a man, take responsibility of your life and that means making sacrifices". "You asking me to give my whole life up, and I can't do that I'm sorry". "No I'm sorry, I'm sorry that you just lost your girl and kids I'll have my shit packed and ready to go, I'll come by tomorrow morning and get my shit". I was bout to walk out the living room, until he grabbed my arm. "LET GO OF ME NOW". " Nawh I ain't letting go of shit, you my girl and you'll always be my girl no matter what". "Not any more you had your chance and you blew it". He then kissed my lips soft, but passionately. I pulled myself away and walked out the door, leaving behind my would be future.

What y'all think? Should Desire' and Xavier get back together or should they go their separate ways??
Leave comments and like this story
Love y'all😘😘😘😘