Prefects

There were hurried footsteps and Ron's mother, Mrs Weasley, emerged from a door at the far end of the hall. She looked a lot thinner and paler since the last time I saw her.

"Oh Harry and Chloe, it's lovely to see you!' She whispered, pulling us into a rid-cracking hug before holding us at arms length and examining us critically "you're looking peaky; you both need feeding up, but you'll have to wait a bit for dinner I'm afraid"

She turned to the gang of wizards behind us and whispered something urgently. The Wizards behind all made noises of interest and excitement and began filling past us towards the door through which Mrs Weasley had just come. Harry and I made to follow Lupin, but Mrs Weasley held us back.

"No, the meeting is only for members of the order. Ron and Hermione are upstairs, you can wait with them until the meeting's over, then we'll have dinner"

We crossed a dingy landing, turned the bedroom doorknob, which was shaped like a serpents head, and opened the door. I caught of brief glimpse of a gloomy high-ceilings, twin bedded room; then there was a loud twittering noise, followed by an even louder shriek, and my vision was obscured by a large amount of bushy hair. Hermione had thrown herself on to me in a hug that nearly knocked me flat, while Ron had done the same to Harry.

"We didn't hear you arrive! Have you both been furious with us? I bet you have, I know our letters were useless but Dumbledore wouldn't let us tell you anything. And the dementors! It's just outrageous, I've looked it up, they can't expel you-"

"Let them breathe Hermione" said Ron, grinning as he closed the door behind us. He seemed to have grown several more inches during our month apart, making him taller and more gangly looking than ever, though the long nose, bright red hair and freckles were the same.

"I swear we wanted to give you answers, but Dumbledore made us-" Ron began.

"Swear not to tell us" I said "yeah Hermione's already said"

There was a strained silence in which Harry stroked Hedwig automatically and I stared to the floor.

"He seemed to think it was best" said Hermione breathlessly "Dumbledore, I mean"

"Right" said Harry. I bit my tongue.

"I think he thought you were safest with the muggles-" Ron began.

"Yeah?" Said Harry, raising his eyebrows "have either of you been attacked by dementors this summer?"

"Well, no-"

"So why are you allowed to know everything that's going on?" My voice raised a little.

"We're not!" Ron said "mum won't let us near the meetings, she says we are too young"

Before I knew it, Harry was shouting "so you haven't been in the meetings, big deal! You've still been here haven't you? You've still been together! Us, we've been stuck at the Dursleys' for a month! And We've handled more than you two have ever managed and Dumbledore knows it- who saved the philosophers stone? Who got rid of riddle? Who saved Both of your skins from the dementors?"

Every bitter and resentful thought He had had in the past month was pouring out of him. He paused for breath and I jumped into the argument.

"Who had to get past dragons and merpeople and every other foul thing last year? Who saw him come back? Who had to escape from him?" I was shouting louder now "but why should we know what's going on? Why should anyone bother to tell us what's been happening?"

"We wanted to tell you, really we did-" Hermione began.

"Can't have wanted to that much, can you, or you'd have sent us an owl, but Dumbledore made you swear-"