Chapter 22

Hey guys, so first off I'm am SO SORRY that I haven't updated since the ice age (due to the fact that I had a gigantic writers block) and I hope you gorgeous people can forgive me. Anywho, WOWERZ!!! YOU GUYS ROCK!! So many reads and votes! I I just :*). VOTE COMMENT SHARE AND FOLLOW! <3 Hannah

P.S. A HUGE SHOUT OUT TO @andrewoneill for the crazy awesome feedback and advice. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Danny's POV*

This whole outdoors adventure thing was not his cup of tea. For the first time in his life Danny felt out of his comfort zone. Like how a fourth grade boy feels when he has to hold hands with a girl for some school related thing. He felt awkward and like he didn't know what to do.

All his life he had been the one people loved, admired, or yes even feared and he had always found himself at the honourable top of the social pyramid of life. Back in the Drome he had had good marks, great friends, and plenty of girls swooning over him. It had been good, great even. Max had been a loser and Danny had reigned as high chief.

Ah those had been the good days. How he wished that he could return to those days. Days of power, well okay that sounded a bit cold.

Danny had never really considered himself to be cold and calculating (certainly not like that Rim freak) but he certainly didn't want to end up on the bad side of fortune, and he needs to use what ever he could to get to the top. But unfortunately there wasn't anything had could use for his benefit here, outside the Drome.

Here in this strange place everything felt backwards and strange. He was the bottom feeder and now Max held the upper hand. And Danny hated that fact with his whole being.

It was official. Coming with them had been the stupidest decision of his whole life.

"Danny?" a quiet voice interrupted his flow of thoughts. He opened his eyes to find Florence sitting in front of him. He leaned against the only boulder on the dirt patch of a cliff, and he slumped to the ground.

"What?" he replied tiredly. All this stuff that had been going on had really left him brain dead tired. Danny just wanted to go back to the dumpy village and sleep. Lately he hadn't been able to sleep to his increasingly intense nightmares. A chill ran through him as he shoved that thought aside.

Nightmares were not a good thing to think about. Especially since they always had side effects.

"What do you think about Raina's new show of power?" Flo seemed nervous as she scooted closer towards him. Danny kept his face blank and cold, not wanting to show how tired he was. She might make a fuss over him and even though he would have been glad for the momentary spotlight, everyone else would think him weak and pathetic.

And being weak never looked good in the limelight.

Shifting himself away from Florence, Danny chuckled. "Well it's the first time I've seen her look scared so it was actually kind of nice." Waldo and the other girl glared at him as they joined him and Florence in the shade of the rock. Waldo seemed pissed off and the other girl ( Phoebe?) was still trembling from her near death experience.

"So you love exploiting fear from others to get a thrill?" Remarked Waldo angrily as he began to pluck scraggily yellow grass from his spot underneath the boulder. "That's a jerk move Dan."

"Don't you dare call me Dan." Danny snapped as he clenched his hands into tight fists. Only his mother called him Dan; no one else could ever call him that. She was his only anchoring thought to the Drome, and he clung to the thought of her even more desperately now. He had to get back.