Letter 83

Dear Grey,

I met a girl. She's so perfect. She's beautiful, kind, smart and oh gosh, she is never tired to wear a smile.

Because we both have the same interests, we clicked. We became close friends. I never imagined it.

As I know her better, I realized that the saying 'behind those smiles, is the pain that is meant to be hidden' is true.

She had this step mother who abused her. She always received bruise, wounds and painful profanities. She was closed to dying. She was about to close her eyes. But then a certain boy gave her a hope to live and start anew. Months passed, and they both decided to ran away from the cruel stepmother and lived in an apartment.

They were going so strong and then in just one day, everything was gone.

The boy left her on that squalid apartment, with nothing but 500 dollars, foods and clothes. What worse is, the boy texted her saying that he doesn't love him anymore and don't want to have the relationship with her anymore.

Of course she was heartbroken but then it didn't took long she took a scholarship here in Europe to escape the nightmare she had.

It still hurts. In fact, she said that it was like her heart was being punched thousand of times. Amidst those sufferings, I didn't saw her shed a tear or sore red eyes. I inly saw her smile that can easily tricked others with her being sanguine and happy-go-lucky.

Maybe I was meant to go here, to meet someone who can I relate to, who I can talk my problems with, who I can laugh at jokes with.

I never met someone like her before. She was so genuine, and perfect to be with.

Maybe, that's why we clicked, that's why I felt we have known each other for ages, that's why we became so close is that we shared another yet same interest —

that we are both heartbroken, hoping that even we were swallowed by the darkness, we can still mend our poor hearts.

-g.b