Intro

West High is not a place for slackers. Nobody here goes halfway. The unspoken motto is "Go Big, or Go Home". Almost all of the sports teams make it to state, and most make it into the finals. Many of our competitive clubs go all the way to nationals. If someone's not willing to go 100%, they're better off not trying at all.

That's the kind of school I go to. My name is (y/n), and I bet there's someone dying to know what kind of sports I do, or how many times I've gone to nationals with the debate team after an explanation like that. I'm sorry if I disappoint when I say I haven't done any of those things. My true passion is not scoring points, or ranking the highest. The thing I love to do is march.

Let me explain a few things before I start to sound like I'm a complete nut. I'm with the school band. We don't compete for state or national titles, and we don't get gigantic trophies to display in those glass cases all over the school halls. That doesn't mean we don't work as hard as any sports team or club. In fact, I'd bet we work harder than half the groups in our school in the two weeks before Homecoming than they do most of the year.

I get it, I'm a band geek. I wear the name with pride. I guess what I'm getting at is that things get pretty intense at West High right before Homecoming, which is when this whole thing goes down. There's a certain football player who makes kind of a bet with me, and, well it'll be easier to explain if I just get to the story.

I know that not everyone is as big into band as me, but there's more to this story than that. It's about passion, trust, and maybe there's a little (or a lot) of romance involved.

The countdown begins two weeks before the big Homecoming football game.