A CERTAIN STAR

A CERTAIN STAR

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

STAR GAZING WAS absolutely her favourite—just watching the stars twinkle in the sky as the different colours conflate together, it always kept her calm and cleared up the cluttered thoughts floating about in her busy mind.

If only life was this beautiful, she would say.

The sky was always clear; no sign of disruption whatsoever. The stars were like little crystals, making them glisten under the glow of the moon—oh, the moon, how beautiful was the moon, glowing with a cheesy looking yellow. There's nothing more beautiful than this.

Stars, weren't just stars to her, though. They were something of great value that couldn't ever be replaced, each star was in fact, different. Each star was of different shape and colour and brightness and temperature and mass—a whole new personality, each one giving their own unique iridescent shine.

But there was always one particular star that she couldn't take her eyes off.

And that was the star that she had named after her own ex-boyfriend.

He dedicated his own life to astronomy and astrology—he studied days and nights just to be an astronaut, as he always dreamed, he obviously had a plethora of textbooks and experiment instruments—and in his free time (which was pretty much only once a month), they stargazed together.

He would always talk hours of all the new things he learned from studying, dallying away about how amazing the universe, the solar system, the sky and all the heavenly bodies were—that he even got her more into it than she could have ever imagined, he had her undoubtedly mesmerised by his intelligence and passion.

But, of course, as always, there's a sad part to a love story.

Let's just say—he didn't live very long—due to his very unfortunate state of cancer.

It was quite an epiphany when she heard it from his mother, her heart felt like it was bleeding with vexation, and the fact that there was no longer anyone to be with her to look at the glittery sky every month clawed her insides into this bloody-tragic-hell she's never seen.

She always reminisced with herself that last time they stargazed, they we're both lying down together on the bare soft grass, her hair was spread around her head with a smile stretched across her face; and he was looking at her as she stared up.

"Hey, look at that star over there," he said, pointing his index finger to one of the stars. "It's beautiful, just like you." He teases in a smile.

All she could probably do was feel her cheeks warm up as a rosy hue arose to her face, and say, "Nope, just like you. I should probably even have it named after you."

And so she did.

A/N: hello guys!! okay, i lied lol i published it a day after. i was supposed to write this on friday but i didn't have any homework and i suddenly felt like writing. i actually wrote this all today, so i'm pretty happy with myself. but tbh this is really short for a chapter + crappy & unedited bc my friends aren't active to check it & im bad at editing. and i'm probably gonna unpublish this really soon to revise it, i just published it now bc i'm bored.

i'm really bad at starting stories/first chapters i'm sorry yikes!!