01

Words: 965
Song of the Chapter: Your Number by Ayo Jay

"Hey Justin, you ready to go?" My bodyguard, Kenny, asked me. We had just finished brunch at a local place. I just had my last LA concert the previous night at the Staples Center. I had a small 2 week break before we headed to Las Vegas, so I plan to take it easy and relax for a while.

"Yeah, let's head out," I responded before grabbing my shopping bags, from our previous stop at the mall, off the ground and following Kenny out the door. Sliding my sunglasses on, I began making my way to the car. We had parked a ways from the restaurant, so we had a bit of a journey before we made it to the car.

"Uhm, excuse me," A small, feminine voice spoke from behind me. Usually I would just continue walking and ignore any voices I heard, but the polite tone she used made me want to turn around.

"Hmm?" I hummed. Spinning on my heels, I came face to face with a beautiful young woman.

"I saw you eating but I didn't want to disturb you, so I just waited, but I really just wanted to tell you that I'm a huge fan." She spoke innocently, a small smile upon her full lips. She looked down at her shoes and began playing with her rings. Thinking of this as an opportunity, I raked my eyes from her head to her feet. She was wearing a pink tank top, ripped jeans, and some white sneakers.

"Sweetheart, do you want a picture?" I asked, feeling as if she should be rewarded for her courtesy and respect

"Sweetheart, do you want a picture?" I asked, feeling as if she should be rewarded for her courtesy and respect. I began handing my shopping bags to Kenny, assuming she would graciously accept my offer.

"Actually, if it's okay, could I just talk to you for a little bit?" She replied, making me widen my eyes in surprise. I was so used to people shoving their cameras in my face, or only wanting a picture with me to say they "met Justin Bieber." She was a breath of fresh air.

"Of course," I smiled. "Do you want to walk with me to my car? It's a few blocks that way." I asked, pointing in the direction I was initially headed.

"Sure, I'd love that," She responded kindly. I moved my head as if to say "let's go," causing her to begin walking alongside Kenny and I.

"So, tell me about yourself," I spoke in an attempt to make conversation.

"Well, my name's Lennox. I'm a senior in high school. I play viola in my school's orchestra and I'm on the varsity hockey team." She said, looking over at me once she was done speaking.

"Hockey, huh. What's your favorite pro team?" I asked, genuinely interested in her answer.

"Definitely the Toronto Maple Leafs." She spoke confidently and without hesitation. My eyes instantly furrowed in confusion, how is it possible that I meet a considerate fan that also likes the Toronto Maple Leafs?

"You're kidding, they're my favorite too! Have you ever been to a game?" I asked Lennox excitedly.

"Unfortunately, I haven't. Hopefully sometime in the future I'll get to go to a game." She shrugged, clearly upset that she's never gotten to see her favorite team play beyond a television screen.

"That's too bad," I said empathetically. "Is there a reason you like them so much? Are you from Canada?" I questioned, feeling the need to keep the conversation alive.

"No, I wish. Canada just seems so cool to me, I'm not sure why." She said, cracking her knuckles.

"Ever been?" I questioned, quickly glancing over at her as we continued our walk.

"Nope. I'd love to go someday though. I was recently looking into being an international student and going to college in Canada." She answered.

"Well then I guess I'll have to take you to a Toronto Maple Leafs game in Canada at some point," I smiled down at her.

"I'd love that," She laughed, instantly making me stop and stare. Her smile is gorgeous, and her laugh is absolutely melodic.

"Why'd you stop?" She asked, her hair flipping as she quickly turned her head around to look at me.

"Uh," I began, not knowing what to respond with.

"The car is right here," Kenny spoke from behind me. Letting out a massive sigh of relief, I mentally thanked Kenny for saving my ass from embarrassment. I looked back up at Lennox to see her walk towards us.

"Thanks for talking to me," She smiled. "I really appreciate it." She continued, looking down and playing with her rings again.

"It's no problem at all. I had a great time." I stressed, wanting her to know how much I enjoyed talking to her. She smiled again before turning to walk back to wherever she came from.

"Wait, Lennox!" I called before she got too far. She spun back around, confusion all over her face. She walked back to me, opening her mouth to say something. Before a word could leave her mouth, I pulled her into my arms, hugging her. She smiled into my chest as I pulled my phone out and pulled up the camera.

"What are you doing? I told you I don't need a picture," She reminded me, removing her head from my chest to look up at me.

"Smile," I spoke, ignoring her previous remark. She turned to the camera and smiled, while I kissed her cheek.

"What was that for?" She asked, still not understanding my actions.

"Your contact picture," I responded. "Add your number?" I questioned hopefully, handing her my phone. Laughing, she typed in her number and handed my phone back to me.

"I'll see you later, Justin." She smiled before giving me a quick hug. She turned around sharply, heading in the same direction we came from. I hopped into the car, heat rising to my cheeks. Now that is someone I need in my life.

Hi guys! Audrey here :) I'm super excited for this book and I hope you guys are too. I'm hoping to get on an uploading schedule, but I'm not sure how that will work. Anyways, please leave me comments, I love them!