The Crystal Warrior (Chapter 1)

THE CRYSTAL WARRIOR is the first book in THE CRYSTAL WARRIORS SERIES.

Download your FREE electronic edition of THE CRYSTAL WARRIOR at Smashwords, Apple iBooks Stores, some Amazon stores, B&N, Kobo, and Google Play.

You can buy RUBY'S DREAM (Book 2), JADE'S CHOICE, (Book 3), THE CRYSTAL WARRIORS BUNDLE (Books 1, 2, and 3) & OPAL'S WISH (Book 4) now at Smashwords, Apple iBooks Stores worldwide, Amazon worldwide, B&N, and Kobo.

The trade paperback editions of THE CRYSTAL WARRIOR, RUBY'S DREAM and JADE'S CHOICE are also now available:

The Crystal Warrior: ISBN 9780992249854

Ruby's Dream: ISBN 978-0-9922-4988-5

Jade's Choice: ISBN 978-0-9922-4989-2

***

THE CRYSTAL WARRIOR

By Maree Anderson

A career-focused dancer who's sworn off men...

A cursed crystal warrior on borrowed time....

When career-focused dancer Chalcedony (Chalcey) is given a piece of wulfenite crystal, Wulfenite, Lord Keeper of the Shifting Sands fief, emerges from the crystal and kisses her like there's no tomorrow. He's dressed like an ad for We Love Leather, with killer abs and delectable pectorals. He looks like the man of her dreams, but you know what they say: "If he looks too good to be true, run like hell!"

Wulf has finally escaped a centuries-long imprisonment and he wants Chalcedony more than anything he's wanted in his life. She doesn't stand a chance. Before she realizes what's at stake, she's bonded to Wulf and his life is in her hands. And when the Crystal Guardian's curse threatens everything she's worked for, Chalcey must figure out how to save Wulf before it's too late.

***

Copyright 2011 by Maree Anderson

License Notes

This ebook is licensed for your personal enjoyment only. This ebook may not be re-sold or given away to other people. If you would like to share this book with another person, please purchase an additional copy for each recipient. If you are reading this book and did not purchase it, or it was not purchased for your use only, then please purchase your own copy.

Thank you for respecting the hard work of this author.

***

THE CRYSTAL WARRIOR

By Maree Anderson

PROLOGUE

Pieter observed the approaching warriors in the fist-sized hunk of polished beryl that served as his scrying ball. The raiders called themselves Styrians, Storm Riders. Pieter's countrymen had named them the Stone Warriors-men hard and cold and unforgiving as the crystals for which each was named. They ranged far and wide, raiding village after village with swift and deadly precision. Comely women of childbearing age, they enslaved. Children and those females too young or too elderly for their purposes, they abandoned to fend for themselves. Not a hint of mercy shadowed their piercing, sapphire-hued eyes. Truly, they were men of stone.

The inhabitants of the defenseless small villages scattered around the countryside quailed before these fearsome warriors. None had dared make more than a token stand. Until now. Magic had brought them here, just as Pieter had foreseen, and 'twas magic would vanquish them. He had read the portents and spent years preparing himself for this day, searching far and wide for the necessary crystals, be-spelling them to the best of his ability. He was ready.... He hoped. And prayed in his heart of hearts that he would prove himself worthy of the gifts his goddess had bestowed upon him.