8

Okay I'm going to try my best to keep up with this story more often.
Thanks for voting winter1summer2rose and Fatemehsonia15!
___________________________________
I woke up peacefully. Too peacefully. I don't feel tired or anything just pure serenity. This bed is really comfy and the ceiling looks unfamiliar. My vision is a little hazy. Why? I hear a voice coming from my left. "She's awake, captain!"

Captain? I blink my eyes a few times before focusing on the girl rising from a long green couch. "Reiko?" I ask, still letting her appearance sink in completely. I looked down at my clothing. "Why am I in one of the squad four kimonos?"

Reiko slowly walked closer, latching onto my hand. Instead of her answering I heard the soft, calm voice of captain Unohana. "You were seriously injured two days ago, (Y/N)." I gave her a confused face. "I'm guessing the pain is blocking your memory. No matter." She ran her soft fingers over my temples. Soon I felt a soft sensation coming from her fingers but the soft sensation soon turned cold and hardened as the influx of memories came to me.

Unohana removed her hands from my head. My eyes bulged as I realized what I had done. "I-is he...y'know?" An intense sense of dread flooded through my veins as I thought of what I had done to my, wait, why am I calling him my like he's something of mines?

"No, he isn't dead, (Y/N)." Unohana answered with a wry smile.

"But I thought I s-slit-."

Reiko spoke up. "Head captain said that halfway through your fight, you started to hallucinate. Yes, you did stab him but you stabbed his chin. The only reason he stopped moving was because you started crying for no reason."

"What?"

Unohana turned to leave the room. "I'll let you two catch up." With those words, the beautiful, dark haired woman left the room. I took note of the clear fatigue in her movements.

I look over to Reiko who was still gripping my hand tightly. "Y'know I was really worried when I got back to dorm after the last class and you weren't there." I didn't say anything and she continued. "I remember gasping for air at the side of your bed when I heard someone screaming about how the just saw the Kenpachi chasing a (H/C) chick. I didn't realize that the boy was talking about you until I felt your spiritual pressure going out of control."

I opened my mouth to speak but then I found myself interested in what she was telling me.

"I found myself wandering around looking for you. After a few hours I came across captain Hitsugaya. I was ready to cry when I thought I had lost you forever. He walked up to me with a watermelon slice in his hands." She chuckled a bit. "He turned his head as he handed me the slice and said what's wrong. I told him that my best friend may have been seriously hurt by the Kenpachi. He moved his head towards me so fast." She let out a laugh. "He asked me to describe you so I did. I was so happy when he had told me that you were alive and with captain Unohana, I almost dropped what was left of my watermelon slice." I laughed this time but my laughter was cut short when she started yelling at me. "You scared the hell outta me!"

My eyes widened. This is the first time I heard her use profanity or even get mad to the point where her lightly tanned face turned red. "I'm sorry, Reiko-"

She leaned down and we shared a hug. "Don't ever do that again." Then with a softer voice she added. "Please don't. You're my best friend. I know we haven't known each other for too long but I feel like we have so I care about you, I don't want you to get hurt."

I really don't know what to say. Before I could stutter something out the door opened. "Honey, is your friend alright?" I looked towards the mature voice and she looked down to me. "Oh I guess you are okay after all." She looked exactly like Reiko. The same dirty blonde hair, blue eyes, and pretty features period. The only difference between the two were age obviously, breast size and height. Besides that, I would've thought her mom was her sister.

"Y-yeah." I said, still not knowing what to say.

She walked over to me with two plates of food in her hands. "I'd imagine your hungry after you just slept for two days." She handed Reiko and I a plate.

I looked at her with confusion crossing my face. "What do you mean I slept for two days?"

"Oh they didn't tell you? Hun, that Kenpachi beat you so bad that the members of squad four had to put you in a medically induced coma to heal all of your wounds." I found it amazing how she could get that whole sentence out in one breath.

~ Kenpachi Zaraki POV ~

I haven't been bested in a fight for a hell of a long time. I bet if she hadn't wigged out on me like that I would've taken off my eyepatch. I have to fight her again, I just have to. She's making me feel like Unohana did when we fought but the feeling seems more intense, weird even. I'll try being more patient and wait for her to at least have a shikai before I go to fight her.

Yachiru isn't training her right I could tell by the amateur mistakes she made while hitting me. Sure, she did manage to get me on the ground, but she should have seen me move my head so I wouldn't get stabbed in the neck.

I proceeded to get into the tub with all of these thoughts about one person running amok in my head.

I guess I'll just have to train her personally.

_______________________________________
With that last sentence in italics like that I was honestly expecting myself to write some lemon lol.

Ok as you can see I am making an effort to get out of my writers block. I thank you all for the support that has still lasted through all of this time!

Well someone requested I make this story a Kenpachi x Reader and now that I think about it, I believe that's a great idea so now this story is a Kenpachi x Reader. Don't worry, there will still be loads of action!

What do you think of me making a lemon? 😏😏
Not right now but like later in the story. Tell me if you're comfortable or not.