Chapter 12: I'll Be There For You

One Saturday morning as I woke up, I went to check my mail from the mailbox when one of the mail stood out to me. "Trey? My father?" I mumble under my breath. Quickly, I opened the envelope and there was a letter for me.

Star,

I'm sorry for everything that I have done. I promise to make things up but not right now. Too many things are complicated for me these days. I promise to tell your mother about everything, until then, keep everything about me a secret. Thank you Star.

Trey R. Leon.

"Trey R. Leon, not Rose? What's with the name change? Ugh, time is being wasted, he doesn't even know that mom is in serious condition." Sighing to myself, I went back into the house.

As I went in the kitchen, I suddenly paused by what I saw on the refrigerator door. It was the picture that I drew on my seventh birthday, the day dad left, the picture of me, mom, and him...

My phone suddenly rings, disturbing my thoughts.

"Travis? What's up?" I asked him. "The group's hanging today, wanna come?"

"No, I got stuff to do." I rejected. "I knew you'd say that." I heard him sigh. "Sorry." I apologized. "Besides, mom's really sick, I need to do something. Hope you'll understand, bye." And with that, I ended the call before he could say anything else.

Suddenly realizing to myself, I'm running away from the people that cares for me and just fell to the ground. What is wrong with me? They were only trying to help, but I pushed them away.

Yui's POV
"Yup, she said no." Travis announced after his call with Star. I slump in the chair that I was sitting in and let out a sigh. Everyone was worried about Star, she's dealing with her family problems all by herself and it just felt like we needed to do something for her.

Travis is already planning something and we are so in for it.

Star's POV
That afternoon, I decided to visit mom again and maybe stay for the night with her at the hospital.

"Mom?" I asked, knocking on the door as I poked my head through once I got there. Mom smiled when she saw my face and right there, I start feeling guilts flowing through me.

How many secrets am I going to keep from her? Secrets about dad, and secrets about Travis and the others.

But instead of feeling sad in front of her, I placed on a fake smile so that she wouldn't feel like it was her fault for having cancer and not being there for me.

"Star, come in." Mom tells me and I stride down to her bedside. "How are you feeling?" I asked. Mom gave me a reassuring smile. "I'm feeling alright. No need to worry about me, what about you? School's doing alright? Not having any trouble with your friends?" Mom questioned.

I chuckle. "No need to worry mom, everything's alright." I half lied but mom seemed convinced.

"Good." She responded.

"Mom...um, do you know why Blood and Dark are enemies?" I popped up the sudden question. Mom tilted her head in confusion at first but then shrugged. "No one really told me why. The only person who would know would be agent Jean." She replied.

"Like she'll ever tell me." I rolled my eyes. "Every time I asked her that question, she always tells me I won't understand. But how would I understand if you don't tell me?" 😒

"Why are you so into that?" Mom asked curiously. "I mean, it's just, if Blood ever did something so horrible and if they still are, I would get it but, if they're just minding their own business now just like we are, why would being enemies make a difference?" I shrugged.

"Nothing is how you expect them to be."

"Yeah, I know." I sigh. "Are there any other spy teams we are enemies with?" I popped the question so that I wouldn't seem suspicious. "Shouldn't you be asking agent Jean about this? I'm no longer a part of spy things anymore remember?" Mom scoffs.

"I know, I was just curious."

Suddenly, my phone goes off. I was startled at first since I didn't expected anyone to call me. When I saw the caller name, it was Jayden. Looking up at mom, I excused myself and picked up the call.

"Hello? Jayden?" I answered. "Star, you have to come quick. Travis's in trouble." I heard his worried tone of voice on the other line of the phone. "What?" I gasped. "What happened?!" I shouted.

"No time for that, just come quickly." He tells me the address then hanged up. Something seemed very wrong. I went back in mom's room. "Um, mom? J-Jayden needs me." I tell her as I excused myself once again then ran out of the room, quickly to where that place was.

My mind went thinking to many crazy stuff like is he suffering? Did someone shot him? Did he got hurt?

And as I'm running, tears starts flowing with the crazy thinking of mine.

When I got to the place, I shoved the doors opened and everything was dark. "Huh? Travis?! Jayden where are you?!" I shouted but all I could hear was the echo of my voice. "Deng I hate dark places." I mumbled to myself as more tears shed by the scarceness of Travis and the scarceness of the dark.

"Jayden!" I shouted. "Oh my gosh, did I got the right address? Gosh I hate the dark." I complain. "That's weird cuz my team is Dark, and I hate the darkness. Heh, get it? ——Stop talking to yourself Star!" I scolded myself. Then suddenly, light shown on me, and just me, no where else.

I whimper. "Please, don't kill me. Chucky, Annabelle, please spare my life. Ew, just saying their names creep me out. Oops, sorry, I shouldn't had said eww. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, so please." I cried silently, at least I think so since I couldn't hear anything else. 😭😰

But just as my heart started to sank more, lights on the wall of each side glowed up. I looked around and saw that this place was actually nice. And the others were standing, smiling on each side of me and as I'm about to go to Jayden, another light came up and there was Travis, standing in the spotlight.

All my worries started flowing away as I saw him, walking down towards me.

"Look." He started. "I know, we all know that you've been dealing with family issues." He says as he looked at the others nodding. "You've been, off lately and we just want to help you. And when I say we, I mean even us Blood. Star, I don't ever want you to go missing from my galaxy."

I chuckle but he kept going. "No matter what happens, we'll all be best friends and I'll always be there for you. Got that?" He smiles.

Now I have to say something, everyone turned to me and I took a deep breath. "You scared the heck out of me!" I shouted, way off of the topic that Travis was just talking about. "Do you have any idea how I was worrying?" I turned to Jayden when I stated that part, then turned to Travis again.

"I thought that were hurt, that you were shot, that you were killed. And I came running to this place having all those crazy thoughts in my head and when I showed up, I was in complete darkness. I hate the dark you idiots! I thought that I was going to get hurt, or shot, or killed."

"By Chucky or Annabelle." I mumble but they still caught it and I heard Darold scoff. "You freaking piece of junks. Don't ever scare me like that. Moron, retarded freak of..." But before I could finish the sentence, Travis pulled me into a hug, a reassuring that I'm safe now so I just cried, in his arms and the others joined as well. 😭😖😪😌