Chapter 29: All Has Been Confessed

A few weeks after the whole egg thing, Jade had texted texted me. The first time we had talked in forever.

"Hey. Can I come over? I want to talk to you. -J" it read.

"Sure." I replied, wondering what she had to say.

Now I wish I didn't .

💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

Jade came over fifteen minutes later. I noticed that she didn't get out of her car  for a while. Almost as if she was preparing herself for something.

After about 2-5 minutes, she finally got out of the car. She hesitantly walk to the sore and rung the doorbell. I answered.

"Hey." She said in a shaky voice.

"Hey." I replied "Are you alright?"

"No, but I will be. Can you come outside to talk?"

"Um sure. I guess so." I reply hesitantly as I step outside.

Jade and I sit on my front porch. As she starts to speak, she doesn't make eye contact.

"Claire, I don't really know how to say this, so I'm just going to say it. Since the beginning of the year, when you joined our group, I knew you were different. I was jealous of you, because no matter how much you were mad fun of or put down, you were still confident."

Not true I thought.

"You may not like me after I say this, and I understand, or......." She cut herself off think off all of the ways I'll react.

Then she said it.

"Claire, I like you."

I was silent. Jade liked me?

I had never did anything to make her like me. Never flirted with her, never really said anything super nice to her either.

"Claire? Say something, ple-" Jade was cut by a male voice. I sound I would know anywhere.

Matt.

I looked up at him. His black curly hair, which was usually comber to perfection, was now messy and tousled.
He also had heavy, dark circles under his eyes.

Okay, sooooo...... your going to hate me. I can't finish this story, so I'm ending it here. In the comments, write how you think the story should end. If I like them, I'll post and additional chapter showing all the alternate endings.

Sorry if guys are frustrated by this, but I just can't finish this story. Thanks for understanding. Love ya!

Lrb💜