Conceal

*knock

"Levi?"

"Come in, Hanji" I groaned and shifted on my chair.

She came in, and along with her, was a girl, carrying a notebook and pen, and a videocam.

"You're gonna be filmed for one whole day. Just deal with it" Hanji said and went out the room.

I just sighed and looked at the girl.

I signalled for her to sit on a chair in front of my desk.

"Go on and get over with it" I said and she nodded.

She set up the videocam and started asking me.

"How does it feel to be a captain? Is it large responsibility?"

"Not really"

"Well, do you hope to be a commander?"

"No"

"Do you think you live up to the name of 'Humanity's Strongest Soldier'?"

"Maybe"

She suddenly stopped the videocam and sighed.

"Levi...--"

"Can you not address me so casually, I'm a *captain"

She narrowed her eyes and fisted the desk quite gently.

"I don't care. Captain or not, you are just another person. Now, please answer my questions seriously."

I was shocked, yes I was. If she's a recruit, I would want someone brave as her in my squad.

"So, how does being a captain feel?" She started asking, but she kept the cam off.

"I don't really think of it as such a big deal" I said and she started scribbling on her notebook.

"Ever thought of being a commander?"

"No, I'm not cut out for that. I might be physically capable, but I'm not as confident in strategizing. I'm not dumb, but I'm not a genius"

"Humanity's Strongest Soldier?"

"I believe that's just a sassy title representing the desperation of mankind. A title to say that there is hope. All just sweet-talk"

"You don't believe that there is hope?"

I stared blankly at her.

"I...honestly don't know"

"Well then, do you cry?"

"Pardon?"

"Do you cry?"

"Repeat that again, would you?"

"Do. You. Cry?"

"And what is the importance of such question?" I raised a brow.

"Maybe to make sure that you are still human?" She answered without looking away from her notebook.

I stared at her and narrowed my eyes.

"I refuse to answer"

"And why is that?" She asked, finally looking away from her notebook and locking eye contact with me.

"Are you insensetive or just plain dumb?" I asked back.

She broke down to a smirk

"Oh. So you think that was a sensitive topic?" She asked, raising a brow while smirking and playing with her pen.

"Oh. You don't think it is? How about I throw the question back at you?" I asked while glaring at her.

"You're asking me if I cry?" She said with a chuckle.