#SheWantsTheDrake [Vol. 2 | Chapter 8]

Alexandra made reservations for her and Aubrey at a quiet upscale Toronto restaurant. She was there first and was seated and waited on him. She was kind of dressed up. She wore a black bodycon dress and red heels. Her hair was still curly and she wore dark makeup. She scrolled through her phone as she waited for Aubrey. She could smell his Tuscan Leather cologne when he approached the table.

Aubrey: Evening gorgeous.

Alexandra (Flipping her hair): No.

She looked away then looked back at Aubrey who was realizing that she was recreating the night they first met minus the bar.

Aubrey sat down in front of Alexandra with a smile.

Aubrey: You look gorgeous.

Alexandra: I had this rapper that has a soft spot for models buy this more me.

Aubrey: I think he had good reasoning.

Alexandra: Just like he had good reasoning for this.

She flashed her ring with a smile and the waiter walked up and took their orders. When the waiter left, they both looked at each other.

Both: I'm sorry about earlier.

Alexandra leaned back and smiled. Aubrey placed his hands on Alexandra hands that laid on the table.

Aubrey: I want us to work. And our family backgrounds and past relationships don't necessarily make us number one candidates for happiest celebrity marriage.

Alexandra teared up. They both lacked in successful relationships but wanted so disparately to make this work.

Aubrey: Do you think we should do this?

Alexandra pulled her hands away.

Alexandra: Are you having second thoughts?

Aubrey: No. You've seen your mom divorced, I've seen my parents divorced. We don't wanna go through that and I don't want a child or my career going through that.

Alexandra: I have a career too.

Aubrey: So we both don't want this to end.

Alexandra sipped her wine and looked at Aubrey.

Alexandra: Well yeah, duh.

Aubrey: So what are we gonna do? To make this work?

Alexandra looked around then focused back on Aubrey.

Alexandra (Sighing): Look, we both have no clue what we're doing. And I feel like if we plan this, we'll mess it up before it even happens.

Aubrey: That's not true.

Alexandra: It is we fuss. We fight and we fuck. That's how this cycle goes. It's like after we cum there's nothing left in our relationship.

The waiter overheard Alexandra and almost dropped her and Aubrey's plates.

Alexandra: You didn't hear that.

Aubrey waited for the waiter to leave then he looked back at Alexandra. He had a disgusted look on his face.

Aubrey: That's nowhere near the truth. That just shows how little faith you have in us. What do you want from us? What do you want from me?

Aubrey threw some money on the table and walked out. Alexandra waited to leave out and then she walked out and got in the same car that Aubrey was already waiting in. Chubbs was already in the row of seats behind them. Alexandra and Aubrey didn't really talk to each other. She only asked if everyone wanted her to pack their things and he shook his head yes and they all got out of the car to the hotel. Alexandra got undressed and put on some leggings and a knitted T-shirt and she sat on the bed with folded legs and turned on Netflix to watch Modern Family. Aubrey worked on something on his laptop at the foot of the bed. They sat in silence for two episodes of the show and Aubrey's phone would interrupt them for a second but they still didn't speak directly yet. Finally, Aubrey turned to Alexandra.

Aubrey: This is stupid. I'm almost 30. I can't do this with you. I can't go back and forth with you, Alex. Not anymore.

Alexandra ignored Aubrey's plea. She paused the TV.

Alexandra: I remember when I was up and coming and you were working on...Take Care and there was this thing someone sent me. It was like an email of this small small gossip site. Like it was local. A thread. And it was about me and the rising hip hop star, Drake. "Success from 'Thank Me Later'". And my friends were so serious that that was spam.

Aubrey smiled and looked down then back at Alexandra.

Aubrey: That was all me baby.

Alexandra (Nudging him): So you've had a crush on me for a while.

Aubrey: Well, I dated some people and I heard some things. I think Chubbs even saw you at a party or something. But I never had the chance.

Alexandra (Quietly): Yes you did.

They smiled at each other for a moment.

Aubrey: I really do love you. (Placing his hands on Alexandra's folded legs) And I do want to marry you.

Alexandra: I know.

Alexandra smiled at Aubrey and he climbed on to the bed and was directly facing Alexandra.

Alexandra: Things have got to bed different now.

Aubrey: Just say that you still wanna do this and we'll go from there.

Aubrey stroked Alexandra's face. She shook her head and he kissed her.

Alexandra and Aubrey didn't just click because of the sex, money, ability to spend time apart or anything on the surface of their relationship.

Alexandra: Wait. But-

Aubrey (Still kissing her): Don't worry about it.

Aubrey slipped his in fingers inside Alex's leggings and laid her back.

Aubrey: Stop worrying about what's gonna happen in the future and worry about what's going on right now.

Alexandra took a deep breath. Aubrey took off her shirt and she unzipped his jeans. Alexandra got on top of Aubrey and took off his sweater. She squeezed his muscles and smiled. Aubrey smiled back at her and pulled her down and kissed her. Five minutes later, Aubrey and Alex were still engrossed in ecstasy. Full blown passion. Alexandra ran her nails down Aubrey's bare chest as she rode him.

Aubrey (Quietly): Slower.

Alexandra arched her back and went slower. Then Aubrey got on top of her and kept going. When they were finished Alexandra kissed Aubrey's lips and went to put a robe on. Aubrey approached Alexandra.

Aubrey: Let's do it.

Alexandra: Do what?

Aubrey: Get married. I think I have a few breaks in tour. Let's do it. Before the year's up.

Alexandra stared at Aubrey.