Chapter Eight: 10 Labors of Percy?

*I know may seem wierd, I just didn't want to go down the same path that many other authors have gone down. I know it is different, I know it might not be that good, but hey, I am trying at least!*

*Percy POV*

You know, I figured I would have time to dress and maybe fully wake up before I was rudely awakened by lightning. But no, Zeus thought it would be better if I was teleported out of no where into a arena.

The sun was high in the sky and all I had was Riptide, a armored chest plate, and my ocean pajama pants.

Yeah, I was definitely ready to be fighting some ridiculous monster.

I looked around the stadium, I saw some familiar faces, Camp Jupiter and Camp Half-Blood both had seperate seatings. The greeks wore orange togas, and the Romans wore purple ones. The olympians had their own huge thrones surrounding the stadium.

The crowd roared with screams of joy. People were enjoying this?

"Pery Jackson!" Zeus voice boomed, "These next few days will be your test of being able to be with my daughter! I wish you luck Percy!"

"Is that it?" I yelled to him.

He nodded his head and gates that lead to the arena opened. Out from the gates came the minotaur.

He was wearing the same armor he wore when we last met, he also still carried the same omega battle axe.

"You know, I need another horn for a matching set." I said with a smile.

That just got hin angry, in a fit of rage, he charged me. Ever since my training with the hunters, fighting monsters like this was nothing. I jumped in the air and cut off the beast's head. I ripped off the other horn and held it in the air in celebration.

Let's just say, the next "task" wasn't as normal as the first one. It consited of me telling the crowd about what I would do in certain, 'situations'.

Both Artemis and my face blushed when they asked this one.

"Next situation," read Hera, "If you were to see Artemis wearing only her under garments, what would you do?"

"How does this-"

"ANSWER!" Hera interupted me.

"I would get Artemis her parka, so she could cover up." I said.

"Would you look?" She pressed on.

"No!" I yelled. The whole crowd laughed at my despair.

"Correct answer." She said, "Congratulations Percy, you have completed your second task." She then gave me a girlish smile and giggled, "Isn't this fun?"

"Yeah... I am loving this." I said grumbled.

Zeus then stood from his throne, "That will it for today, make sure to rest. There will be plenty more action come tommorow."

Just like that, I was back in my tent, I was no longer wearing armor and riptide was on my nightstand.

Was I dreaming about that whole thing? I walked outside to see the hunters, they were all chatting about something when I listened in on their conversation, I heard them talking about me and Artemis. Something about, "Let's see if he was telling the truth, tonight."

They all giggled and disbanded. I had a really bad feeling about tonight.

I went over to the eating area, I gave everyone their food and started to talk to Artemis. Her hair was a little more messy than it normally was. Probaly for stress.

"How are you doing?" I said walking up to her, she gave me a half-hearted smile.

"Just peachy, my dad just embarrassed me in front of so many people. I mean what kind of a 'task' was that?" She said stabbing her steak knife into the table.

"It's not that bad." I said trying to reassure her.

She gave me that, 'Oh really?' Look.

"Yeah... maybe it was pretty bad." I said scratching my neck.

"At least you gave a good answer." She said. She sounded almost. Angry?

I blushed, "Well, what should I have said."

"I don't know..." she looked doen at her body, "Is this form not pleasing?" She said.

Thalia tried so hard to suppress her laughs, even soda came out of her nose.

"No it's not that!" I exclaimed, my face was about fifty different shades of red, "I just thought it was the most respectable answer!"

"It just made me not feel... what's the word?" She pondered.

"Sexy." Thalia muttered.

My eyes grew.

"Yes! Sexy! It made me not feel sexy." She said like she just won a award show.

Was I really having this conversation?

"So how about that Perce, do you think our lady is sexy?" Thalia said. This was her way of rubbing salt in the wound.

"Thalia!" I screamed.

"Well do you." Artemis said looking down. She bit the side of her lip.

I groaned, there was no way out of this, "Yes Artemis. I think you are 'sexy'." It just felt wierd, I never even said that to Annabeth.

The hunters started to whistle.

"Okay, Okay, that's enough!" I yelled.

They all giggled.

"You all are children." I muttered.

If that wasn't bad enough, the hunters had another brilliant plan. It was around nine. Artemis went into her tent, and I sat by the fire. I finished off one last coke bottle and threw it into the fire. I was about to get up until a black sack was wrapped around my head. All I could hear was the laughter if girls.

They then forcefully shoved me into someone's tent. When the sack was removed, I opened my eyes. I saw Artemis, in her under garments.

She screamed did her best to cover up, her perfect skin shined like glitter.

"Percy? What are you doing here!" She yelled.

"Thalia! She shoved me in here!" I said walking to the tent door. It was locked from the outside.

"We have a problem." I said.

"What is it?" She asked.

"I'm stuck in here." I said looking for her parka, I was not going to be a lier.

"That is a problem?" She said.

"Well, not being with you is. But where will I sleep?" I said.

"You could always sleep with me?" She said.

"Say what now?" I exclaimed, this somewhat horrified me, I had no idea where this was going.

She grabbed my hand and led me to her bed. She got under the cover and beckoned me to do the same.

"I am so dead." I sighed and got under the covers.