Chapter 14

The next day all I could think about was confronting Jayy. I was so nervous that I was shaking slightly. I've never had to confront anyone about something like this because this has never happened to me before. Everyone normally ignores me like the plague and I never had an issue with it. Now, I have a boyfriend only my family and I knows about and I have a secret gay friend that kissed me. When did my life become so complicated?

At lunch that day Camille was back and sitting with me so I couldn't talk to him about it there. I just had to sit back quietly and watch my two friend interact and get to know one another. John sat with his friends and had yet another girl wrapped around him which was hard to watch without wanting to walk over there and pry her off of him. Instead, I stuck my nose into my sketch book and focused on drawing. Nothing was going to make me look back up and have to see them in my peripheral vision. Unfortunately, that didn't last long before  him and his group walked over. One of the guys started hitting on Camille while the girl wrapped around John's arm was giving me a dirty look the whole time.

"Can I help you?" I asked setting my pencil down. 

"I just don't like being in the presence of people like you." She snarled.

"Then go away. No one's asking you to be here." I snapped back.

"Aww did the fag grow some balls?" Some guy taunted.

Before I could say anything else John spoke up, "That's enough Conner. There's no point in started something over nothing."

"Baby, you can't seriously be defending this sad excuse for a human." The girl whined.

"You're the only sad excuse for a human here." She shook her off his arm. 

Next thing I know he's sliding past Camille and lands next to me. His arms wrap around my waist and he pulls me into his lap. Before I could ask him what he thinks he's doing his lips find mine and we're suddenly kissing in front of half the school. Phones were out, flashes were going, people were cheering, and some sounded utterly repulsed. Finally, he pulled away and gave me a goofy grin. I looked at his group of friends who were standing there dumbfounded and the girl looked like she was about the throw a temper tantrum. 

"You guys can leave now," I said with a sickly sweet smile on my face.

All the guys happily walked away, it took the girl a second to process what was happening. But, soon she stopped her foot, turned on her heel, and rushed out of the cafeteria. I looked up at the jock who I was currently sitting on and he just smiled down at me.  Instead of questioning it I just let it happen, the whole school now know that this guy is mine. Maybe now people won't mess with me as much since they know who I'm dating. I looked at Jayy and saw him smiling. Even though he had a giant smile plastered across his face I did note the hint of sadness that was hidden in his eyes. I made a mental note to talk to him after lunch even it meant being late for class.

After a lot of silence, the bell rang and everyone slowly made their way out and to class. John tried dragging me alone but I told him that I wanted to talk to Jayy first. He completely understood and gave me one last kiss before walking off with Camille yapping in his ear the whole way out. I laughed at the sight before giving all of my attention to Jayy. 

"You're gay,"I said bluntly.

"You can't tell anyone that." He whispered with wide eyes.

"Why didn't you just go live with your dad."

"I didn't want my mom to be alone." 

"Well you can't hide this forever, you need to tell her. I know she won't accept but you can always call up your dad." 

Letting out a sigh he quietly nodded before rushing off. Looking at my phone I saw that I was five minutes late for class. I knew I was going to be in trouble but this conversation was more important. I'm a good student who never does anything wrong, I think I'll get away with being late this one time. I just hope that Jayy listens to me and avoids causing himself anymore pain.