s i x t e e n

[2020] I'll make you all happy with this part one of the last chapter..maybe..

••

I stood in front of my house entrance. Staring at my shoes, I suddenly noticed the dirt residing on the top. Urgh, talk about the worst timing. When I bent down to wipe it off, I couldn't help but to set down a pink paper bag on the ground. It was such a girly bagㅡ I bought it from the 2 dollar store at the town, all I could see was the fact that it was in pink colour.

And it totally fit for today's occasion.

I had prepared a lot for this day already.

I inspected to see if there was any dirt left, and was satisfied to see everything was in its place. Bidding my good bye to my mom who was still inside, I tightened the grip on the paper bag as I started to walk to school in daze. I had to keep my shit togetherㅡat least until after school. I even stayed up all night. Thinking about life choices and was forced to make the perfect homemade chocolate and cookies that I believed that I had poured everything of me in it. I couldn't believe that the lazy Park Chorong pulled off a skill where she could actually make a decent sweet with Google help.

I raised up my hand to see the pink thing in front of my face. Not only that it was in pink colour, it was also obvious that it was filled with boxes of sweets. I looked like a fool when I think about this again. This was so obvious that I was going to confess to someone. But then, there was nothing that I could do now. I shut my eyes off as I fastened my walk when I was near into the school ground already.

Entering the classroom, I made a dash toward my seat before anyone could see what was the pink thing. Dropping my butt down on the chair, I swiftly inserted the sweets into my bag before hooking the strap on the chair. I nervously glanced my way around the classㅡ only to find Kim Jongdae was sitting right in front of me. "You scared me, you four-eyes!" I covered my mouth before it could reach the nirvana of the highest note.

"Heh." He smirked while fixing his glasses.

I suddenly felt irritated with his reply. "W-what's with that kind of response?" We both unconsciously looked at my bag. Heat was creeping up onto my cheeks.

"No need to be shy." He pressed his lips into a thin line. "Half of the girls came in just like you did, so it's kinda amusing. It makes the boys excited. It does feel lively here, don't you think so?"

"Jongdae, you're creeping me out. Just tell me what you want." I sweat dropped.

"Nothing. I'm just checking up on you." Jongdae stood up out of blue. That was when I noticed that the owner of the seat was already here, silently cursing him for taking his place. He pushed up his glasses that was sitting perfectly on the bride of his nose,  "After school, huh?"

"Uh?" It took a few seconds for me to understand his question. But before I could reply, the sound of feet running into the classroom caught my attention. A strong force wrapped me around the neck and I was pulled into a hug from the back. "Hey! I-Irene, I'm choking over here!" I tapped out the owner of the pair arms. Her usual smell of strawberry shampoo was overwhelming to notice.

"Big day for you?" She giggled, wrapping her grip tighter than before. Somehow I could sense her excitement that was more than needed. I let out a small sigh while smiling weakly. I could sense my soul literally slipping off if she wouldn't let go in any minute.

"It's a big day for you, too.."

"Of course!" Irene finally let me escape for her choke of death. I didn't think I have the time to die today, at least not before after school. She put her hands on her waist, dramatically faking a sob. "I'm going all out for today to help you. You've prepared a lot, right? It finally comes down to this." It was your big today as well, Irene.