Chapter 9

"Mom?" I said as I walked into the kitchen.

"Yes?" she said as she continued to dry dishes.

"Heyyy... Can I go out today?.." I climbed into our bar stool and scooted up to the island. My mom turned around and looked at me and frowned.

"No (Y/N). I told you last night you're grounded." She turned back around and pulled another plate out of the sink. 

"But mom, please?" I got off the bar stool and walked over to her. I stood next to her and rested my side on the sink. My mom set the plate down, looked at me and put her hands on her hips. 

"(Y/N). I said n-"

"I met someone." I looked into her eyes, and they softened. 

"You what?" 

"I met a guy, that I actually like, and have things in common with. I want to go out with him today. Get to know him better, I like him. A lot."

"Is that true? Is that the reason why you skipped school yesterday?"

"Yes, I'm sorry. He needed me to come get him. He was freaking out about his dad or something. He was crying mom, I had to do something." My mom slumped against the sink next to me. 

"Do you like him?"

"Honestly I really do. He's so cute, and he's so sweet to me Mom. He's the first one to talk to me and be nice to me since we moved. I don't want to ruin this. Please mom?" 

She sighed, "Okay fine you can go out today." 

I jumped up and down and hugged her, "Thank you, thank you, thank you! I'm gonna go get ready! Thank you!" I hugged her one more time before I ran off to my room to get ready.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I pulled up to Evan's house at 3:07. I honked the horn of my car and Evan came out of his house and shut the door. He was wearing black skinny jeans and a black sweater. He wore the new clothes I had bought him. I smiled. 

 He walked to my car, opened the door and slumped into the passenger seat. He leaned over and gave me a quick kiss on my cheek. 

"Hey. Thanks for picking me up."

My heart raced and my face went red. "Hey. It's really no big deal. I wanted to be with you." I giggled. 

"So where are we going today?" he grabbed my hand and held it. " Oh and by the way, you look beautiful today." He said while smiling at me. 

"You're so sweet.. Thank you!" I blushed.  "And by the way, it's a surprise!" I said as began to drive. 

-