1. The Baby Project

"Alright students! We have gathered you in the auditorium for a huge announcement." Of course no one cared so you could barely hear anything. The next seven words however cause the creepiest silent moment to happen.

"We will be doing the baby project!" The reactions were immediate and ranged from shrieks of excitement to groans of despair.

"QUIET!" My gaze snaps up to the principal, everything stilling into silence once more. "Thank you. Now you will have partners for this assignment and you're about to see why..." He motions to the double doors behind us. The doors pop open...and out spill a bunch of nurses dressed in pink and blue...

Holding babies!?

"Taniyama Mai!" I glance around and then groan to find that everyone that had been sitting around me was gone. I must have been in shock or something and missed every thing that was going on. I quickly stand and hurry down the bleachers, dodging out of the way of frantic teenagers.

"Yes sir?" I stand before the principal, biting my lip from nerves. Wondering why I was the only one he called up by name, I force myself to meet his eyes.

"You are aware that there is an odd number of students at the school correct?" I nod and he motions to something behind me. "This is the only baby left...and you are the only student left." I nod and take the child carefully from the blue scrub-clad nurse, already beginning to gently bounce up and down and rock back and forth.

"Because of this, you will be doing this alone but due to your," He clears his throat. "Situation. We will provide you with everything you need for the child's well-being. This baby bag holds everything you need for now."

"For now? Like what?" Of course, I already knew what was needed. I just had to make sure they didn't forget anything.

"Formula, bottles, clothes, diapers, wipes, baby food, and an information packet that contains his birth certificate, health records, and a sheet that goes into greater detail about this assignment." I nod.

"I'm going to need a stroller and another baby bag that contains baby powder, distilled baby water and one thing of breast milk formula in case he doesn't take to the regular formula." As I'm talking my gaze travels down to the baby in my arms, taking in his features.

Dark, black locks of short wispy hair sat on top of his little head. His eyes were closed so I couldn't get to see what color his eyes were, and his mouth was pink, thin and pressed into a line. I giggle a little as Naru's face pops up into my head.

They look a little bit alike...

"Miss? He does take to regular formula. We already tested all the babies for that." I nod at the nurse before turning and heading for work. Naru's just going to love this...

~x-X-x~

I sigh. To get into the office, I had to go up a flight of stairs. I look down. A baby on one hip, baby bag on the other, stroller leaning against the wall next to another baby bag.

Great.

"Do you need help?" I look over my shoulder at the the owner of the voice. He had very dark brown hair and brown eyes, a perfect white smile, tan skin and was only a couple inches taller than me. I smile at him.
"Please! If you could carry the stroller that would be perfect! Oh, but only if it's no trouble!" Smooth Mai...smooth. His gorgeous smile widens and he shakes his head.

"Nonsense. I was heading this way and what gentleman can't resist helping out a beautiful damsel in distress." I blush slightly and he picks up the stroller and the other baby bag.

"You're too kind. Are you a client, or soon to be client?" I can't help but question him. I mean come on. Who wouldn't? A guy like him doesn't look as if he has any problems what so ever and he just happened to be headed for SPR?