Chapter 5

When Yosuke found you the next morning, he almost didn't believe it. There where three things running through his mind.

1. "How the hell did she get back!"

2. "She's alive!"

3. "You are soo dead when Naoto finds you."

He checked you into the hospital and waited for the others to get there.

...

You awoke to the sounds of Rise, Yukiko, and Chie yelling at Yosuke. "M-mmm..." You groaned softly as your vision cleared. Everyone in the room looked like they just saw a ghost. You don't blame them. "What, do I really look that bad?" You covered your face in mock self-conscious behavior. Chie punched your arm, it would probably leave a bruise and by the only physical injury you would have gotten. "Asshole! Making jokes at a time like this. We all thought you were going to die. Naoto has been heartbroken for the past week. " Your eyes widened "...week...?" You hadn't meant to say it aloud but you've said crazier stuff...probably. It was now that you noticed that the Detective Prince was no where to be seen. Kanji was there, but he was more agreeing with what Chie said. You couldn't really bring yourself to look at him for too long though.

Chie seemed irritated. She pointed at the door "GO. If you're well enough to be cracking jokes like that then tracking her down should be no problem. Find her. NOW!" You quickly scramble out of the hospital bed and run to Naoto's home. Then to the police station. Junes. The riverbank. The beach. Okina Station. You had gone home after searching all of the spots the detective had access to. As soon as you entered the room and turned on the light, a pillow hit your head. You became dazed and almost didn't realize that there was another, quivering, body attached to your own. Almost.

Her scent followed her everywhere, and you became like a junky bloodhound. Always tracking it, always aware when it had come near you. You had become addicted to the scent that was Naoto Shirogane and, damn, it felt good to have her soo close. Even so, you felt like she wasn't close enough. You wrapped your arms around her and pulled her in as close as you could without crushing her. The smaller figure had quivered violently and you realize how badly she missed you the two days you'd been gone. You'd done your best to wipe her tears and cheer her up. You still didn't know how she felt about you but she was still your best friend. The two of you got into bed, she had snuggled up close to you.

It was moments like this that made you open your eyes. "Hey, I love you." It was the truth, no matter how the other girl took it. It was times like these that you didn't care if you're relationship was platonic or romantic. "...I love you too..." All that mattered is that you were both there for each other, no matter what happens in the future. You slept peacefully that night, a smile plastered on your face. Her slow, collected breathing kept you anchored in reality. Your slightly faced heartbeat kept her anchored. It was calm and serine. It was...human. After everything that happened in the tv world the...week before, you were exhausted.

The next morning your mother had insisted you stay home from school. Naoto agreed and offered to take care of you. You declined but she had insisted. Your mother, after being convinced that you and Naoto would be okay alone, finally left to work. Leaving the two of you alone as your father was away on business. Seizon-sha had snuggled up to you and Naoto was reading a book on the couch. She would glance over occasionally and ask if you need anything. There had been a question on your mind that you had been too afraid to ask before.

"Naoto-san." She had looked over at you "Yes? Did you need something?" you smiled, she was always a professional. "Are you happy with Kanji?" She sighs and pulls her hat down over her eyes. "The relationship I have with him seems...forced, as if we are only together for the sake of being with someone. Personally, I do not enjoy that type of relationship." She brought her hands down and fiddled with the book that had now been resting in her lap.

"I...see... Then what is your ideal relationship?" The question had been out here before you had a chance to stop it. You momentarily regretted it but pushed that thought aside as you really wanted to know. You watched as a blush crept over her cheeks. "W-well" she made a small noise of hesitation "w-what is with all of these personal questions?" she looked at her hands. "I simply want to know what it is you're into." You sighed. "Forget I-" she had cut you off "Something like this." You looked at her partially covered crimson face with confusion. "Something like us. Where we can simply talk about anything without having to be forced into a room together. Where I can share my fears, and I know the person that I am with will not judge me." You sat up and got out of bed.

"Something where I can just feel safe. Similar to how I feel when I am with you." You sat next to her and she looked at you, momentarily scolding you "You should not be out of bed." The next thing you said and did had caught you both by surprise. "I should not be doing this either." You had gently gripped her chin with your fingers and kissed her. You felt her breath hitch but never felt any sign of resistance. No, she had actually eased into it and wrapped her arms around your waist. You lied between her hips and ran your hand through her hair as she gently squeezed your waist. Though her actions were small and gentle, they were firm and certain. Naoto ran her hand up your shirt slowly, only to make small shapes on your back. There wasn't anything sexual about the move. She had known you were still tired, and you simply wanted to be with her. 

By the time your little session with Naoto had ended, you were both out of breath and laughing softly at the same time. You listened to the heartbeat that threatened your existence and firmly kept you in place all at the same time and closed your eyes. You felt a hand run through your hair, It had relaxed you but hadn't kept your heart from racing at her next words. "I love you." The first time she said it, there was uncertainty, there was hesitation. Now, the three small words were filled with so much confidence, so much feeling. You couldn't help but blush as you took her hand and returned the gesture. "I love you too Naoto." You soon fell asleep, much to her pleasure.