Chapter Eight: First Date

I woke up the next morning and checked my phone. 11:00am. That gives me nine hours to get myself ready for my date with James. I jump out of bed and rummage through my wardrobe for something to wear. "ARGG!" I shout throwing my clothes onto the floor "WHY CAN'T I FIND ANYTHING NICE?!" I sit on the floor with my head in my hands surrounded by a pile of clothes. I pick up my phone from the floor and text Bryony.
'Hey, I need your help. James' asked me on a date tonight and I literally have nothing to wear, I think a quick shopping trip is in order ;)'
She replies almost immediately
'I'm always down for a shopping trip, I'll meet you in about 10 minutes okay?'
This is perfect, I'll go into town and get some new clothes then come home and Bryony can help me get ready. She'll know how to make me look good.

We spent about 3 hours in town buying all sorts of junk and Bryony helped me to find the most stunning black dress for tonight. We made it back to mine for about 3:00pm, Mum made us lunch and we got started on the mammoth task of getting ready. I quickly jumped in the shower while bryony chose some music to put on. She chose The Anthem by Good Charlotte, a very good choice I may add. I jump out of the shower and into my dress, I dry and curl my hair and put my makeup on. "Meg, are you okay? your hands are shaking, you don't wanna mess up your eyeliner!" Bryony exclaims "I'm fine, I'm just very nervous" I chuckle back finishing off my wing point. "Well, I better get going, James'll be here any minute to pick you up, now remember to have fun and don't do anything Lucie wouldn't do" Bryony laughs and hugs me "Thanks for the advice" I reply hugging her back "and thank you for coming over" I add "don't mention it" she adds walking down towards my front door "I'll see you tomorrow, Bye!" she closes the door behind her.

It's five to eight, James'll be here any minute. I sit at the kitchen table waiting in an attempt not to get dog hairs all over me. The doorbell rings. I jump out of the chair, grab my jacket and bag, shout goodbye to my mum and open the door. "Oh hey, that was very quick, were you waiting by the door?" James asks winking cheekily. He looks so good, he's wearing black skinny jeans and a white shirt with the sleeves rolled up, it's like he knows my weaknesses. "Um obviously not, who do you think I am?" I reply closing the door. James holds his hand out towards me "Shall we?" he asks. I grab his hand and smile at him as he leads me towards his car and opens the door for me to climb in. I sit down and he closes the door and walks around the other side to the drivers seat. "Well aren't you quite the gentleman" I say looking over to him "I try" he replies as we drive off towards the restaurant.

We arrived about 20 minutes later at the cutest little italian place on the outskirts of town. James parks his car in the car park and we walk towards the door. The waitress leads us inside and sits us at our table. We order our meals and wait for them to come out. "I'm really glad you moved down here Meg" James states "me too" I reply "I wouldn't have met you if I hadn't" I add laughing "that's very true" James replies "actually, I wanted to talk to you about something" he adds grabbing my hands "well, I was thinking about what you said in the car yesterday" 
"what, my moaning?" I reply laughing
"No Meg, I mean about us" James replies seriously
"oh" I sigh "what about it?" I ask looking down at my lap
"well, I was gonna ask you if you wanted to make this whole thing official, you know, become a couple" James asks. I look up with a huge smile on my face about to shout out my answer then it hits me "but what about your friends, they're gonna hate you" I ask.
"I don't give a shit about what my friends say, if they're good enough people they'll understand and if not, fuck them" He rants. "You're willing to loose them, for me?" I reply shakily "I'm willing to loose anything for you, I'm madly in love with you" He replies grasping my hands tighter "so what'd you say?" he asks with puppy dog eyes.
"Yes, obviously yes!" I reply excitedly. "well that went smoother than expected" James laughed. I giggle back and they bring out our food. I don't know if it was because I was with James but that pizza was the best thing I'd ever eaten. 

We finished our meal and James started to drive me home. "You know, my parents aren't home this weekend, you could crash at my place tonight if you wanted to, in separate beds of course" James asks. "I'm up for staying at yours, I'll text my mum and tell her I'm staying at Bryony's" I reply. It's quiet for a while. "I love you so much you know" James pronounces placing his left hand on my thigh, I can't resist when he does it.

"I love you too" I reply.

A/N: Jesus, that chapter was cringey, gotta set the scene for a sweet relationship though you get me?