8- The test.

The one on the left is a woman. Her brown hair is pulled back in a tight bun, and her jaw is set in anticipation as she studies me with her caramel eyes.

   The man next to her is tall and lean, with a bald, shiny head, and a mean, untrusting expression flashing through his pale, gray eyes.

   "Hi officers..." I speak aloud, feeling the gazes of all the people in the room lock on them. Both of them are staring at me hesitantly, with their fingers on their sidearms at their waists. "What can I do for you?"

   "Put your hands behind your head!" The woman's stern voice rockets into my ears loudly. "You are under arrest for aggravated assault and conspiracy of unlicensed carrying!"

   Oh dear, Toni, this is the test!

   "Hey, look, I don't want any trouble." I start, but both of them whip out their guns and point it at me.

   Everyone in my peripheral vision scatters at the sight of the guns, and the police officers scoot towards me to allow the bystanders to get away.

   I back up, and then I tell them, "Look, you guys really don't want to do this."

   "Put your hands up, lady!" The man screams at me, right before I speedily spring backwards and swing my legs at their arms mid-backflip. I whack both of their guns out of their hands with my feet, and then land in a crouching position to catch both of their guns.

   When the metals slide nicely in my hands, I rise to a stand and unload both of their guns in one swift motion while they are still realizing that I disarmed them.

    The man looks terrified, while the woman looks bewildered and awe-struck, with her mouth wide open and her caramel eyes as wide as quarters.

   I toss their useless guns on the floor behind me, and then watch as both of them put up their fists. The woman's expression is determined, the man's: unsteady.

   The woman steps forward and swings her fist at me, but I dodge it, grab her arm, and yank her forward. With her back to me, I kick her knee in just the right place, and she is sent tumbling down yelping in agony.

   The man's gray eyes drop down to his partner's body, and his expression worsens as he realizes that I kicked her knee out of socket.

   Instead of bringing his fists up, he flings them down to his waist where his walkie-talkie is holstered. I lunge for it, and swipe it from his hands right when he was about to press a button to call for help.

   He stutters when I throw it across the room and send it shattering against the wall, but gains his courage somehow and then swings at my head. I duck, nail two swift punches in his stomach, and then turn when his leg flies towards my side to kick me. I catch his leg, and then hold it in place as I lift my right leg up to knee him in the gut, twice.

   He wails as I bring his leg up and send him off balance, and tumbling to the floor. He lands hard on his back, and is winded, but I know that won't keep him down.

   I hurry to crouch down, and then I grab his neck. Fear dances in his eyes, but shut in a grimace when I bang his head against the floor. When I pick his head up again, he braces himself, and even grabs my arm, but I thrust it downward and watch as his consciousness disappears, and his body becomes as limp as a rag doll.

   I hear something shuffle, and I whirl around just in time to catch the woman police officer's right hand. On the floor in front of me, she holds the butt of her sidearm in her hand, her eyes coursing with pain.

   "Sorry that I have to do this..." I murmur truthfully before I turn her hand just the right way and witness her scream in pain. The metal drops from her hand, but I pay that no attention. I release her hand, grab both sides of her face, and then rise to my feet after jabbing her twice in the head with my knee.