Chapter 19: The Truth

Nue's POV

Sasuke had asked me stay behind so he could talk to me. I sighed, losing patience because he hasn't said anything in over ten minutes. "Are you gonna stand there all day or are you going to say something?" I asked, impatiently as I petted Kiyoshi while he was wrapped around my arm.

I had asked him to stay out of this situation, no matter what, because I didn't want him poisoning Sasuke.

Sasuke looked at me before finally opening his mouth to speak. "You know... you kind of scared me back there... when Naruto said you ran off without telling anyone." He admitted as he looked at the ground.

"Why would you be scared if I left or not? You don't care about me anyway. Not you or the team." I said as I crossed my arms over my chest. "If we didn't care about you, we wouldn't have gone looking for you." He said, looking at me straight in the eyes.

"Hmph," I closed my eyes with a frown. But on that note, he was right. "Listen, ff we're done talking here, I want to catch up with Naruto. I need to talk to him." I said. I turned around and began to walk away.

Well, that was the plan until Sasuke grabbed my wrist. "Let go!" I ordered. "Why do you hate me?" He demanded. "Let go, Uchiha!" I repeated as I tried to get my wrist out of his hold. "Answer me!" Sasuke ordered me.

Damn, when did he get to be so persistent? "I said, let go!" I said, shoving him away from me. Once his hand let go of my wrist, I made a run for it. But I wasn't fast enough and Sasuke was able to catch up me.

I let out a cry of fright when he grabbed both of my wrists from behind and held them tightly. "Let go, Uchiha! This isn't funny!" I yelled as I tried to rip myself out of his hold. I wanted to use my wings and tails to get him off me, but I didn't want to risk exposure.

Man, I wish I had Maria right now. "Nue, stop struggling. Just tell me why you hate me." Sasuke said. I stopped moving for a moment. I frowned before yanking myself out of his hold and turning around to face him.

"You wanna know the truth! Fine! I hate you because you pretend you're all cool and better than everyone else when deep down inside, you're scared! It annoys the hell out of me! Ugh! I just can't help it! Every time I see you with a face that says, "This is no big deal,", I just wanna hit you all the time!" I practically screamed.

It was quiet for a while as I panted a little from my outburst. "Is that why?" He asked, slightly disappointed. "Yeah," I sighed heavily, realizing I sounded like a volcano that just erupted.

"Look, I'm sorry I blew up at you. It's just that... I don't know. You just make me so angry, and sometimes, when I see you, my anger just boils a little bit inside. Either because I hate you that much or you're just that annoying. Or it could be something else," I said, thinking about that last guess of what it could be.

"Sasuke, I don't know what happened when you were young. But for whatever the reason, I'm sorry. I don't know what kind of pain or suffering you've been through, but I'm sorry." I said, apologetically.

I know I could never experience what Sasuke's been through. But I'm sure it couldn't have been good. "You're different." Sasuke said after a long moment of silence. I shot him a confused look.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"I mean, of all the fangirls I have, you came to hate me."

I deadpanned. "That's what's bothering you?" I asked.

"Not really. But what is bothering me is that I can't get a read off you. I'm able to read Naruto and Sakura easily. But you, for some reason, I can read off of. It's almost strange." Sasuke said. Okay, I'm not getting the point here at all.