Chapter 7: Pain

Another chapter! This chapter may be a little triggering depending on what you have experienced. If your easily triggered by emotional topics than I kindly ask you not to read.

Chapter 7: Pain

Death and Pain.

Those were the first words that came to my head this morning. This week had been crazing. I was getting more and more attention at school because Hayden couldn't stop being an annoying asshole.

The week had gone by fast and I wasn't ready for today. It was May 13th, the day of my parents death. I could clearly remember the memory.

~Flashblack~

It was around midnight now and we were only half way to California and boy was I tired, Ky had been talking non stop the entire ride and lets just say I learned a lot about what kids do when there alone.....yea.

"Mer could you please pass me some water." My dad exclaimed taking he's eyes off the road for a minute, that wasn't a good idea. Just then my mom started yelling.

"Honey, look out there's a ca-" I couldn't see anything except for a pair of bright lights. I heard Ky's scream in the background and throw my body over him. Than I passed out.

I woke up in the hospital, only listening to the sound of the heart monitor. I couldn't remember anything. I had no idea why I was here.

"Sweetie your finally awake!" The nurse said happily walking in.

"What am I doing here?"

"You were in a car accident hun."

The memories all came back in a flash. The car, Ky, my parents. But why weren't my parents here. Were the also in the hospital like me?

"Where are my parents?" I asked the nurse.

"I'm so sorry sweetheart!" She said her voice shaking.

That's when it hit me. My parents were died. You could tell by the emotion on the nurses face. I was a orphan. I lost the closest thing I had to my heart. They raised me, loved me, took care of me.

I didn't have the strength to cry. I never thought about a tragedy like this. I was paralyzed by the thought.

" Ky! My brother, Ky, where is he?" I couldn't lose him. Not my parents and him. He had to be okay! I tried to protect him.

"Your brother's okay, he was lucky. Your body was the only thing that protected him." She replied with a small smile.

He was okay. He was here. I needed to stay strong for him.

I'm not the shy girl anymore. I'm a fighter, for my parents.

~~~~~~

I was now in tears. I may be a fighter but that memory was something I could never get over. I knew I had to stay strong for Ky, but it was so hard. So hard.

I've always blamed myself for there death. I could have done something to stop, but I didn't. I ruined Ky's life along with mine.

Getting out of bed, I head over to the washroom and take out my switchblade. I make a deep cut on my arm watching the blood flow out. My parents are died because of me. That was the only thought replaying in my head.

I had been cutting since my parents death. It was a way to punish myself. An addiction, a drug. No one knew about it. I would always wear bracelets or long sleeved tops to cover the scars. I had gotten so use to cutting that it didn't hurt to much anymore. But there was still the pain that reminded me why I was cutting.

Breaking away from my thoughts I get ready and changed. Since I was lazy I put on a t-shirt with a pair of adidas leggings. Checking the weather I throw a hoodie over top to keep warm.

I was headed to Hayden's house today because I had promised him that I would tutor him. I start the car and drive over to his house.

House was an understatement. It was more like a fucking mansion! I stood there in awe staring at the 'house'.

"Uh you ganna come in little nerd?" Hayden stood there leaning in the door way smirking.

God damn that sexy smirk!

"Y-y-yea coming!" Really I had to start stuttering.

On entering the house I see Grace running down the stairs and into my arms.

"Hi, Meredith look what I got!" She exclaimed happily showing me her teeth which now had braces.

"Wow Gracie I love them! They look so cute!" I said setting her down.

"Thank you!" She said running back upstairs. She's so cute!

~Later in the day~

Hayden and I had been working for the past 2 hours and were finally taking a break. Hayden was currently gone to go get some snacks for us to munch on.

Getting up I take off my hoodie since it was getting pretty warm. Sitting back down I continued to work waiting for Hayden.

"Hey I got some snacks but wou-" Hayden was standing in the doorway staring at me. Was I doing something wrong?

"Uh Hayden what's wrong? Is there something on my face?" I asked cautiously touching my face.

"Why?" Was all he said.

"Why what?" What the hell was wrong with?

"Why are there scars on your arms, more importantly why cutting marks?" He asked in a dead and serious tone.

I froze.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did yea like it? I kinda left you guys on a cliffhanger, sorry about that! I want to remind you guys again I won't be able to update too much this week. Sorry again!

Will Meredith tell Hayden the reason she cuts?

Can she trust him?

What else is wrong with her past?

What secrets do they have?

Vote!

Comment!

Share?!

COTE!

Thanks, CYA!