I'm Here Too

When I woke up this morning I was so uncomfortable. I still had my damn dress on. I got up and changed into a pair of Nike pros and what I'm almost certain is one of Kris's old t-shirts that I accidentally kept. I threw my hair up in a messy bun and made my way to EB's room. To my surprise he wasn't in bed, he shouldn't be awake this early. I made my way downstairs and I heard Paw Patrol coming from the tv. I quietly snuck over to the couch and saw EB cuddled up Kolby. I smiled and quietly made my way into the kitchen to make a cup of coffee. I turned the coffee pot on and looked at my phone. 2 texts and an Instagram notification from some magazine. Weird. I went on Instagram to check out what this was all about.

"We finally found a source to tell us who this little guy is that Brantley Gilbert has been parading around with. He is 3 year old Elijah Cooper and his mother is 25 year old Katie Cooper. We've done some digging and it looks like Brantley and Katie are long time friends. So the rumors of Brantley Gilbert having a secret love child are officially closed."

"What in the hell!?" I said a lot louder than I meant to, "That is bullshit and for them to tag MY Instagram so all these fangirls can follow me. That's just great."

"What're you going on about in here?" Kolby asked walking into the kitchen.

"This freakin magazine. I guess a lot of people saw EB with Brantley and rumors started flying and "a source", probably Jana, told them who EB is and who I am. They also gave my Instagram to millions of people." I said handing my phone to Kolby.

He was looking at my phone and then handed it back to me, "You really don't like her, do you?" Kolby asked.

I shrugged, "Maybe if she wasn't a bitch every time I talked to her things would be different."

Kolby nodded, "She is a bitch. Why do you think I'm here? After me and Brantley dropped you guys off and Brantley got you both to bed, we went home and Jana was so pissed at him. She was yelling and going on, I just left. I came back here and slept on the couch." Kolby said.

I shook my head, "Why was she so mad? You needed two people." I said.

"Because she doesn't like that Brantley has female friends. Besides mama, Ashley, and family she doesn't think Brantley should have any other females in his life." Kolby said.

"I'm basically family! Eli and Brantley have been friends since elementary school and I've known Brantley pretty much my whole life." I said getting frustrated.

"I know that and so does everyone else. Jana just doesn't see it that way because Brantley watches EB for you." He said.

"It's not my fault my son likes Brantley and Brantley likes my son. She's a piece of work. I don't see Brantley keeping her around very long." I said.

Kolby rubbed the back of his neck, "I don't know. The way he talks he really loves her."

I rolled my eyes, "Well that's just great."

"What do you mean?" Kolby asked.

I shook my head, "Nothing."

"I'm here too, Kat. Believe it or not if there is something you aren't saying I'm probably the best one to tell it to. I keep my mouth shut and I'm not even around here that much. I'm moving to Alabama next month to help dad on Brantley's deer farm." Kolby said looking me right in the eye.

"There's a lot everyone doesn't know and I'm not ready to tell it." I said.

Kolby nodded, "Wanna go for a ride? Mama is gonna be cooking all day and we don't wanna get in her way."

I smiled, "Where we goin?" I asked.

"Alabama." Kolby said.

"How are we gonna go to Alabama and be back by dinner?" I asked.