Chapter Twenty Two

• Dedicated to Comment If You Are A Clario Supporter!

Author's Note:

I don't own One Piece! Now, quickly, there's no time to explain, START READING!

Recap: Clarity died (Oh flipping pancakes on a flaming skillet containing the sweet babies Louis And Clark smoking pipes like Sherlock Holmes on a Saturday afternoon when the sun is at it's highest!)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Again With The Fucking Third Person

Robin studied the conflicted swordsman before her. His dark eyes stayed on Clarity's face as the crew made their excuses to leave. Robin looked to the woman on the bed. She scanned over Clarity's Kira Cult tattoo and her shoulder-length brown hair. Robin looked at the swordsman once more. She knew what was to come and she knew what to do.

Robin stood from her chair and smiled solemnly at Zoro. Without any explanation, she gently grabbed Nami by the arm and they left the ship, too. When they exited the room, Nami looked over the historian.

"I'm not quite sure why we left, but I get the strangest feeling that you're meddling." Nami said with a grin and Robin laughed.

"I suppose we'll just have to see how things turn out." Nami raised her eyebrows.

"You do realize she's basically dead, right?" She asked, but Robin just chuckled again and nodded. Nami shrugged and they walked, arm in arm, to discover the island of Kojad.

Left alone with Clarity, Zoro went to the bed and sat on the edge. He looked at the woman on the bed before him. She had a faint smile on her face. The swordsman closed his eyes and dropped his head. Without realizing what he was doing, His hand snaked over to Clarity's and intertwined her hand in his. Zoro sat there for a while, just thinking.

"Clarity," Zoro spoke as he stood, remembering her as a child. Quiet, weak, and, looking back on it now, sad. "Is this some cruel joke the world is playing on me? Because it sure as hell feels that way. If I hadn't have lied to you about the Devil Fruits, would you be alive and well? Why'd you have to die, anyways? Why did Kuina have to die? Why does everyone I meet fucking die?" He slammed his fist into the wall. He turned his back to Clarity and muttered, "Why couldn't you have stayed alive when I realized that I think you're cool, that I wanted to hear you call me Seaweed. Dammit." He ran his hand through his hair, frustrated with life.

"I feel like things would have been a lot simpler if you would've said that earlier, Seaweed." Clarity's eyes were open and she smirked at the swordsman. He whipped around and stared at Clarity's pale face.

"Clarity?" Zoro had to make sure he wasn't dreaming this. He walked to Clarity's side. "Aren't you dead?"

"I don't think so, according to Daniella, I was in the "Abyss". Which is way too dramatic, since it's only darkness all around you." Clarity rolled onto her side, facing Zoro. "But it's weird. I don't feel angry or sad anymore. I actually feel all fluttery and light. Is that what happiness feels like?" Zoro nodded his head, too surprised to speak. "Hey, Zoro?"

"Yeah?" Zoro shook his head trying to focus on reality.

"Are you happy?" The question shook Zoro. He hadn't really thought about it. Was he happy? After a moment, he nodded. "That's good. It's an amazing feeling. I suppose it's a litle sad too. An nineteen year old girl just now learning what happiness is. Oh, did you know that? I'm nineeen now. The day I died was my birthday. How hardcore is that?"

"Happy birthday, I guess. I don't think Daniella mentioned that." Clarity tensed.

"Daniella? Did you talk to her?" She asked suspiciously.

"Yeah, she was here around ten minutes ago." Clarity sat up.

"Did she say anything...about what I said? In the Abyss, I mean." Zoro remember Daniella shouting at Luffy.

"Yes. And you are a part of this crew, you know." Zoro pulled a chair to the bed so he could be even with Clarity. "Luffy said so himself. You're our nakama now. You have your "new family" Zoro was poking fun at the girl. Clarity turned bright red and punched him in the shoulder.

"At least I don't go around proclaiming my feelings to dead people." It was Zoro's turn to turn red. There was a moment of awkwardness until Clarity spoke again sarcastically. "It was sweet of you. Never knew you had a soft side."

"Oi..." Zoro turned even more red. Clarity grinned at his discomfort.

"That was supposed to be a compliment, but seeing you blush was also cool. I guess I'm not very good at this whole "romantic feelings" thing." Zoro's head snapped to attention and he stared at her.

It took her a second, but Clarity realized what she had said and slapped a hand over her mouth.

"I swear to god, I'm a soul harvesting demon who takes please in killing right now because the real Clarity would not have said that aloud. Or quietly. Or even thought it." Clarity looked like her entire world was falling apart.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clarity's POV

I couldn't believe what had just come out of my mouth. My very own mouth. I was supposed to hate him, but after spending time in the Abyss, revenge lost its appeal. Nineteen is like six anyways, love is too confusing for nineteen year olds. Not love. I meant vaguely being attracted.

"What?" Zoro's voice broke the silence.

"Okay, let's just all calm down for a second here. Here's what we're gonna do; I'm gonna get up and be all like 'whoa awaking' and you're gonna be like 'oh my gosh' and then--" my wonderfully thought out plan was broken off when Zoro's lips touched mine. I hesitated for a moment, but then moved into the kiss. After several seconds, I pulled away. I was confused.

"Was that just a polite way of telling me to shut the hell up because I will fight you." I asked Zoro.

He just narrowed his eyes at me and I grinned victoriously.

"Well then, should I continue to rant or will you kiss me now?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Well, then.

Comment, Fave, Share, Review, Add to Library, whatever it is you kids do these days.