Chapter 2: Confusion

"Huh...? How... How do you know my name... Uh, sir?"

At his question, Shanks panicked. Mihawk probably was unaware of their relationship in the past life, so Shanks had to restrict himself from referring to their lives as pirates.

"Ah! Erm... I... Uh, read your application that you wrote."

"Oh... I, uh, see..."

Awkward. Real awkward. Great going Shanks. First meeting and this is how you start off. Great.

Shanks was unable to speak. He thought about what to say, but he was silenced by Mihawk's beauty. From the papers that he filled out, the Mihawk in this world was currently 22, a newbie model, but easily able to catch the eyes of the public. He could see that easily.

Shanks took a good look at Mihawk. He was wearing a simple gray jacket with his hood up, covering his slicked back hair. He has his sleeves rolled up, showing his thin arms. He was also wearing black jeans with ankle high boots that had 2 stylish buckles on each shoes. From the looks of it, you could have mistaken him for a college student who just likes to wear black with skinny jeans. But he was stylish, even if he didn't mean to look like it. The only color that you could have seen was his golden, beautiful eyes, that stood out firmly from his outfit.

Shanks didn't realize how long he had been staring at Mihawk for, until Mihawk finally spoke out.

"Uhm... Sir...?"

"Oh! I'm so sorry! I was thinking about something and I guess I lost tract. I looked over everything, and you seem like a great addition to our family of workers. You're in!"

"Wait really? Wow, thank you so much!"

At the sound of his approval, Mihawk's face lit up with a smile. He flashed a smile, which made Shanks blush lightly.

"Ah, no it's not really much. I look forward to all your works."

Shanks stretched out his arm to shake his hands with Mihawk, but it caught the other man off guard. He looked worried, and uncertain about his action. It took a while, but Mihawk finally shook on Shanks's hand with a worried look. Shanks, of course, took a notice of this, but said nothing.

"Well, now that you'll be working under me, I think it's time for you to meet the group you'll be working with."

Shanks gave Mihawk a pat on the back, which of course, resulted in Mihawk sulking back a little.

"Ah.. I can just meet them tomorrow..."

Even before he could finish his statement, Shanks tugged on Mihawk's sleeve, and dragged him off to the main office of the modeling agency.

"Everyone listen up! I've considered your request for a young, eye catching model, and so here we have this young gentleman here. If you can introduce yourself to these lovely people here, Mihawk."

At the mention of the name, the female workers squealed, and the sound of cheering could be heard. Of course they would cheer, but to be honest, he would have done the same.

"My... My name is Dracule Mihawk... I uhm.. I'm the newest addition to the group. Nice to meet you."

A little shaky and quiet, Mihawk introduced himself to the group of workers in front of me. They all cheered and clapped for him, and congratulated him for making in the team. Shanks smiled, and enjoyed the moment, although Mihawk didn't seem like he was enjoying as much. He wasn't making eye contact or even as to smile. He had his head down most of the time, but he tried to make it not as noticeable. Shanks was worried about his actions, but he didn't really let it get to him.

Usually with new employees, Shanks would take them out for a dinner, so that he could get to know them more. But in this case, Shanks was unsure about taking Mihawk out for dinner. It would be awkward to force someone out to dinner if they didn't want to go out, but might as well ask.

When Shanks and Mihawk left the room, Mihawk let out a sigh. He meant to do it silently, but it came off very noticeably.

"Worried about your job?"

"Ah, um. No. They all seem like a good bunch. It's just... My last agency was..."

There was a brief pause between his words. He averted eye contacts, and looked down.

" I'd rather not talk about it."

"I see. Well, I was going to take you out to dinner, cause it's what I do with new employees, but if it's uncomfortable with you, then I'll skip it."

Shanks didn't have high hopes in getting the answer he wanted to hear, but he asked anyways.

"... Actually, it would be nice..." Mihawk replied back sheepishly.

Wait. Did he just say yes? After all the awkward moments that Shanks put him through, he said yes? What a blessing! Shanks had to stop himself from squealing like a high school girl.

"Oh. Alright then. We can head out later in the evening. Meanwhile, I want you to get to know the place better. I'll have some employees give you a tour of this place."

As if it was all part of a plan, at the sound of his snap, a couple of female employees appeared from the corner. Before Mihawk was dragged off by the highly enthusiastic workers, Shanks flashed him a smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shanks didn't realize how slow time ticked by. Each minute felt like an hour, and each hour felt like a year. How much longer did he have to wait?

Finally, the time for Shanks to leave came. He usually left early, so he took the chance to take Mihawk and leave for the restaurant near by.

The only problem, was that Shanks actually didn't know where Mihawk was. The company was so big, that it would take too long if he had to wonder around.

Well good thing he was the CEO. He just grabbed the phone he had nearby, and called his closest friend working in the company.

"Oi. I lost the newest recruit... Heh, whoops. Mind doing me a favor..."

"And look for him? You're really hopeless Shanks."

"Blegh! Whatever! Thanks for the help though."

In just minutes, they were able to locate Mihawk and the female employees. They were hanging out in the company garden, probably talking about his past jobs. Well too bad for those girls, Mihawk had to leave.

Shanks headed out to the garden with a smile. It was like the feeling of winning the lottery when he first saw Mihawk, and it never left his mind. He turned the corner to see Mihawk, but the female workers were no where to be found. He was just sitting on the bench, listening to music on his phone.

Shanks approached Mihawk and lightly tapped on his shoulder.

"Ah..! I'm sorry, I didn't hear you come."

"It's fine. Ready to head out?"

"... Yes. Let's go."

Shanks offered Mihawk his hand, which he refused. He got up and gave Shanks a smile, but was it really a genuine smile?