Part 7

"Madhu..." I find her in my cabin. She stands up from the chair & turns to face me

"I was..." I walk close to her shutting my office door. If we are going to have another row of fight then I don't want my employees to overhear & talk nonsense about our relationship.

"Yeah, I saw..." she says calmly crossing her arms.

"It's not what you think, Madhu" I rush to tell her the event.

"What do you thing I actually thought seeing you two in your cabin?" she asks raising her brow.

"That... um.. the usual" I say evasively.

"What? You usually flirt with girls?" she asks me, shocked.

"No! I meant to say what usually wives think seeing their husbands talking to other chicks... Flirting as you put." I shrug.

"Well, I actually do know what you were doing" she says looking at her manicured nails.

"Oh really? What?" I ask. Of course she would have thought something wrong about me.

"You fired that bitch, didn't you?" she asks surprising me.

"How do you know that?" I ask curiously.

"Well, that's your maxim right?"

"What?"

"When you are not so mad at your employees you just shout at them & threaten to fire them but you won't... and when you are at the heights of madness you act immensely calm but without any preamble you throw them out..." she says & stops suddenly, frowning.

"Ahaan! so you already know me well?" I ask. I am surprised that she has noted me so keenly.

"Trying to know you better" she says distracted. She is talking to me but her thoughts are somewhere else. What she is thinking? I wish I could know.

"Yeah, even I am" I want to know my Madhu better & be the best man for her.

"So you were so mad at me this morning?" she asks, now looking straight into my eyes. Oh-huh! Where she is going with this?

"Yes. I was" I agree honestly.

"That's why you were so calm?" she emphasis the word 'calm'. Now, I get where she is coming from.

"That's why you didn't shout at me when I hurt you"

"Madhu... You didn't hurt me"

"Don't lie. I did & you agreed too" yes, I told her that her words wounded me but I am okay now because I know she didn't mean to hurt me.

"So when are you going to throw me out? Out of your life?" she asks, her voice wavering, her eyes looks everywhere but me.

"What nonsense?" I growl at her. She jumps a step back in fear.

"Dipali was one useless trash, a s**t, she harassed you & that's enough a reason for me to fire her & I just did that in a dignified way... But you..." I shout then stop seeing her scared expression & I press the bridge of my nose & inhale deeply to control my temper but I couldn't. "From where to where you have linked the issue, Madhu? She is just a mere employee but you are my wife. I envisage to have a bright future with you. I want you Madhu. All my life & why don't you understand that? Why you are so filled with doubts? You really like to demonize me right?" I ask angrily & also hurtfully.

"I thought you were a brilliant girl but you are stupid. Stupid!" I spit the word at her. She looks at me with her mouth slightly parted. Her eyes start to well up. I groan inwardly. I don't want to make her. I can't bear her tears. "Now, stop with this water works" I threaten. Her lips starts trembling. Oh god!