[2] Who's This?

[2] WHO’S THIS?

KURT’S POV

I just sat and stared at the surrounding infront of me. Cool air and warm weather really comfort me. Every morning, I get used to sit on the couch here in the veranda and wait for the sun to rise up. It’s such a beautiful scenery indeed and this helps me to refresh my mind for awhile.

My eyes dropped down the two papers I am holding. It’s a plane ticket and the other one is a check worth P25, 000.

Kagabi, naisip ko na kausapin si Morris na kumbinsihin ang kapatid niyang si Mariz na magpakalayo-layo muna. I asked my butler to buy a plane ticket trip to Singapore for her. That’s why I’m going to meet Morris up and discuss about this matter later this day.

 Gusto ko lang na makawala sa kanya kahit ngayong bakasyon lang. I’m dam-n sick of her presence. As much as I wanted to drag her away from me, I still control myself not to do so. Everytime I see her, she reminds me of what her mom told me a couple of months ago.

-FLASHBACK-

My eyes narrowed when I saw Mariz’ mom infront of me. Why the f.ck is she here?

“Kurt… We need to talk… Please?”

Sandali ako natigilan sa tono ng boses niya. It was like she’s begging same goes with her eyes. What is the problem this time?

“Ma’am, wala na akong koneksyon sa pamilya niyo. Hindi ko anak si Brylle kaya sana tigilan niyo na rin ako.”

I saw her swallow and then dropped her sight on the floor. Gusto ko sanang pagsaraduhan nalang siya ng pinto kaso natigilan ako nang balingan niya ulit ako ng tingin.

She’s fcking crying.

“Please, Kurt. This is the first and the last time I’m going to beg you. Don’t leave my daughter now. She badly needs you.”

I tightened my grip on the door knob. My face hardened yet I’m trying to cool myself down. I don’t want to be rude to her. I know it’s hard for her to have a suicidal daughter but doesn’t she think of my situation, too?

“Ginulo na ho ng anak ninyo ang buhay ko. Bakit hindi niyo nalang ako patahimikin?”

“Umiiyak siya ngayon, Kurt. Hinahanap ka niya---“

I cut her off and my voice shot up, “I don’t care. Kapag ginulo niyo pa ako ulit, magsasampa na ako ng kaso laban sa inyo!”

I blinked my eyes twice when I saw her kneel down infront of me. She even hugged my knees and slightly looked up at me to meet my gaze. Her teary eyes are begging.

“P-please, Kurt. Habang nandito pa kami sa Pilipinas, hayaan mo lang siyang puntahan ka. You don’t have to reciprocate her feelings… Ipakita mo nalang na nandyan ka para sa kanya. Nagmamakaawa ako.”

“Ma’am, get up.”

 Hinawakan ko siya sa braso pero mas lalo pa niyang hinigpitan ang pagkakayakap niya sa binti ko. Bloody hell, what am I going to do with her?

“Please, Kurt. Bigyan mo siya ng atensyon at panahon. Sinisigurado ko sayo na kapag naayos na ang petition namin sa America, ako na mismo ang maglalayo kay Mariz sayo.”

Idiot may everyone seems, but hell, how could I resist a mother begging for her daughter?