Year 1 - Hagrid's Hut

"And that's how a Peruvian Vipertooth hunts for their meals. Being venomous and all, they're largely feared in the wizarding world. But for me, they're one of the most magnificent thing I've ever seen." Hagrid went on explaining about Dragons and Eleanor listened attentively, a smile gracing her lips at his enthusiasm. If there's one thing these two large and tiny sized wizards share, it'd be their love of magical creatures.

"I would like to ride an adult dragon one day, Hagrid won't that be fantastic!" Eleanor beamed. It seemed that she's opening herself up more to more to this friendly giant. She began to visit Hagrid more often after the New Years and just so happens that she's the only Slytherin Hagrid truly liked. He wondered how this little girl could have so much knowledge on magical creatures at such a young age.

"Hah! That'll be if they don't swallow you into their bellies first!" Hagrid chuckled deeply and stood up to check on his dragon egg in the cauldron. He was heating it over the fire to hatch the egg.

Eleanor sipped on her tea and saw it was slowly getting dark outside. "What about the tale of the dancing dragons? I want to hear it from you Hagrid!" She leaned over the large bulky table and peered at him excitedly. Hagrid laughed happily, too willing to share, but a series of knocks broke their conversation and they gave each other a confused look.

"Hagrid open the door!" Eleanor's eyes widen. It's Harry! Hagrid took large steps towards the door and in came the trio. "Hagrid we know about the philosopher stone!" Harry stopped talking when he saw Eleanor sitting there with her teacup still in her hands, looking bewildered.

"Oh great now all of you are here.." Hagrid knew about their friendships, an unlikely match between the houses but for Eleanor's case, he could believe it. It wasn't everyday that he sees a slytherin as wonderful as her. "And what did I tell ya' Harry. You weren't supposed to go poking around in Hogwart's business!" He chided, trying to sound as angry as he could. But they were all too familiar with the gentle half-giant to be threatened.

"Hagrid it's important..! We know that fluffy is guarding the stone but someone's out to steal it!" Harry exclaimed.
"Oh nonsense! Fluffy couldn't possibly let anyone through the door. Wait.. how do you know about that?" Harry sighed in exasperation. He thought Hagrid was missing the main point.
"You need to tell Professor Dumbledore that Snape's after the stone!"

"What..?" Eleanor cut in suddenly. The trio turned to her and saw her brows creased, and she looked almost angry.
"Professor Snape? He's a school teacher why would he try to take the stone?" Hagrid asked. It doesn't make sense, Snape was one of the teachers Dumbledore ordered to protect the stone..

"It's true. Snape's been acting strange and we thought he could be the one who let the troll out in the dungeons on halloween as a distraction to steal the stone!" Ron added.

"I don't know what you all are talking about," Eleanor said, annoyance lacing her voice. "But if it concerns Professor Snape, you're wrong. He wouldn't steal anything."

The trio wondered why she was suddenly so defensive. Then as if the switch came on, they realized it must be because Snape was Slytherin's head of house, hence Eleanor wanted to protect him. Little did they knew..

"Oh blimey I nearly forgotten!" Hagrid jumped up from his seat, successfully cutting the tense silence in the air, and took out the dragon egg from the cauldron and left in on the table. It managed to shift all the kid's attention to the egg.

"Is that... dragon egg?" Hermione scrunched up her nose and asked. The egg started to vibrate and cracks appeared on the scaly surface of the shell. Slowly, the egg hatched and a baby dragon emerged from it, shrieking softly like a baby bird asking for food.