Care to join?

"We took it as, we must go to waffle house or else we will upset the gods."

I leave Star labs and go to the police station because Cisco said that I should annoy Barry instead of him right now. I walk up the familiar steps and head inside, I find Joe right away and I walk towards him.

"Hey Mr.West where is Barry I need to talk to him." He stares at me for a moment before answering.

"He is up stairs and call me Joe please, Mr.West is too formal." I pause for a moment.Why was he being nice to me? I thought he hated me. Shrugging it off I walk upstairs, I find Barry's lab which took a while because I never really walked around this place.I see Barry using his powers to mix some weird liquid, I cough letting him know that I was here. He jumps up and then glares at me for a moment before his face relaxes.

"Um sorry but they don't want me at the labs and I was bored, so I came over here. Um but if you don't want me here I'll leave." I say, wow I never had been so awkward before. I also never had many friends who were close to me, I mean Bruce and I are close but we only talk when there is trouble lurking.

"You're fine." He says I sit on top of his desk and wait for him to be done.

"This is all of your fault I could have taken European folklore to cover my sociology requirement, but no. You said, "take journalism, Iris. Reporters have all of the fun." Guess what, Barry? Reporters have none of the fun. Journalism is boring. I'm bored. I blame you." She rants on, I look at Barry who is just staring at her. Wow he has it bad for her, at the same time I was thinking this a small pain erupted in my chest. I look at Iris who looked flawless, man I wish I could be like her, she is so pretty and I'm sure she has a lot of friends too. To me she is like the picture perfect girl, I look down not wanting to see everything I could have been.

"What?Why are you staring at me like that?" She questions.

"You look really nice." He says in all honesty

"Thanks. Why don't you look nice? This afternoon? Suit and tie? The university is giving Simon Stagg..."What is going here? Ugh does this mean I have to go home?

"Simon Stagg."Who the heck is Simon?

"Some big award. And you agreed--"

"to explain the science stuff for your article. It's all coming back to me now."Barry cuts Iris off.

"How fast can you get home and change?"

"Uh, pretty fast."I snort causing Barry to look at me.

"Hey, Allen. Joe asked me to see where you're at on the evidence from the gun store shooting. Oh, hey, Iris." Oh well that's okay I'm not sitting here. That's fine Eddie you can ignore me I'm cool with it.

"Detective."Iris says in a flirty way.

"Please, guys, uh, just kiss already. I already know, remember?"Barry says, I look at him and his heart breaks at the moment they do kiss.

"Ah. Thanks for being so cool about this, Barry. I know it's not easy keeping a big secret." Eddie says after a moment of silence Barry mumbles.

"I'm getting used to it" I look around and I notice how much of an odd ball I really am. I stand up, while doing this I accidentally knock over an empty jar the small click made everybody look at me.

"um sorry?" I say, my voice now just above a whisper.

"Oh hey.... Um I actually don't know your name." Iris says followed by Eddie saying.

"Hey your the girl from the barn." I smile and wave at them.

"Yeah so my name is Samantha and before you ask it yes I am a former criminal, I am also a binge watcher, baker and many other things." Barry laughing already hearing this once.