Here lies the truth

"Dean!"

"I've got you covered Maggie hang on!"

"DE-" Maggie's cry was cut short by a fatal blow to the head from the banshee.

"Maggie!"

Dean looked at her collapsed on the floor with a shocked look on his face. He looked up toward the banshee who was about to finish the kill. "Oh no you don't you son of a bitch."

Dean ran for the banshee and it turned around just as Dean ran his golden blade through her. It wailed as it dissipated into dust. Finally gone. Immediately Dean dropped the blade and dropped down to where Maggie lay in a bundle. The strong willed girl looked battered and broken on the floor. A puddle of blood had begun to collect around her.

"Maggie?" Deans voice cracked as he turned her over on her back. He felt for her pulse, which was weak. She was barely breathing, she needed help.

Quickly Dean whipped out his phone and called for Cas. After telling him how urgent it was that he got there as soon as possible he hung up and looked back down at Maggie. He gently brushed the hair out of her face when she started coughing. Blood coming up in her mouth.

"Maggie your okay." Dean sighed with relief.

"Don't lie Dean. We both know I'm don't for." She whispered as if it hurt to speak.

"Now Maggie don't think like that-"

"Dean please. Before I kick the bucket," She laughed weakly but it came out in violent coughs "I-I need to tell you something."

"Hey you're going to be alright."

"Please just let me say this."

Dean was silent before he quirky said "okay"

"I love you. I always have, you know that right?" She smiled weakly.

Dean had a blank look as the corners of his eyes watered.

"From the first hunt you invited me to join 'just for fun and it was the only one youre going on'. From the beginning I knew I liked you more than a friend. Sure you were like a brother to me but I always imagined it could be more."

She paused as more coughs along with blood came up again. Dean rushed to help her but she shooed him away. "I'm fine."

Dean sat back reluctantly.

"Then I started to notice things. Just little things most wouldn't notice, I mean if they're blind. I don't know how I never noticed it before. It was always there I guess I just didn't want it to be true. I wanted so badly for it to be my imagination."

Dean looked puzzled. "What?"

"You and him." Maggie smiled.

"Wait a minute that's not-"

"True? C'mon don't lie to a dead girl Dean. You just don't want to admit it and that's okay. Everything takes time even though in my opinion seven years is plenty enough time. But that's besides the point I've seen the way you look at him. That tiny sparkle in your eyes. The way the air crackles when you two are around each other. When you sacrifice so much just to save him, going against every instinct telling you other wise. And him doing the same for you. Going against his natural ways, turning his back in his family, and for what? You Dean, everything was for you. The way you go near insane when you know he's in danger but there's nothing you can do to protect him. They way he keeps you up at night with thoughts of him. You love him Dean you know you do. You just don't want to say it out loud or admit it to yourself. But I know it's there. That love so strong that not even heaven or hell could come in between the both of you. The man afraid of flying and the angel afraid of falling. You both met whilst he was saving you. From the very beginning you two were protecting one another. Tell me that isn't love Dean. I could go on but I'm afraid I don't have much time."

Dean was silent as a single tear ran down his face. "Maggie ple-"

"Dean please" Her voice was even more fragil. "As a dying wish tell him. Tell him how you feel. Tell him about that love inside you burns brighter and stronger than hell fire. Tell him Dean. For me."

Maggie started coughing again, though this time more weakly. Her pulse slowed and right before her last breathe she whispered.

"Before it's too late."

Then she was still with her eyes blank and expressionless. Pointing toward a world she will never see again with those eyes. Maggie was gone.

Dean reached forward to close her eyes and kissed her forehead. Tears escaped his eyes and cascaded down his face like a waterfall. Behind him he heard the rush of footsteps.

"I came as soon as I co-"

Cas stopped when he spotted her lying on the floor motionless.

"No." He whispered. "Dean I'm so sorry."

Dean stood up and wiped the tears away.

"Cas? We need to talk. I need to confess."