Chapter 29

Luke's POV

I sat in the backseat of Jenna's car holding a sleeping Kayla in my lap. I sighed and kissed the top of her head. "Luke. When we get home I want you to show Jacob where the guest room is." She said looking at me through the rear-view mirror gesturing to Jacob who was sitting in the passenger seat staring out the window with a blank expression. I nodded and looked back out the window. We pulled up the driveway and I stepped out of the car picking up Kayla and walking inside following Jacob and Jenna. I placed Kayla on the couch for now and walked Jacob to the guest room. I headed back towards the door when he stopped me. "Kayla's aunt Madison is gonna be here in a couple days. Kayla's gonna stay with her in the house for a while." I nodded "Hey thanks for being with Kayla though this. And don't hurt her. I don't think she could handle that right now." He said with a serious face. I nodded again and walked out of the room and back down to where I left Kayla on the couch. I laid down next to her and pulled a blanket over us before falling asleep.

"Luke. Take Kayla upstairs" Jenna said shaking me awake from the couch. I looked past her and saw two men in suits standing at the door. I softly shook Kayla awake and lead her to my room up stairs. We got to my room and Kayla leaned on my wall looking out my window. "If you want to you can borrow a pair of sweats so you don't have to wear your jeans. She looked at me and nodded. I smiled weakly grabbing my smallest pair of sweats and handing them to her. "They  might be a little big but they'll fit better then my others." I said closing my curtains. "They'll be fine." She said quietly walking to my bathroom to change. While Kayla was changing I threw on a pair of basketball shorts and a plain grey shirt. I heard Kayla walk back in and place her folded jeans on my dresser before walking over to me and wrapping her arms around my waist while laying her head on my chest. I wrapped my arms around her and kissed the top of her head. We stood there for a while; not talk, not moving, just breathing. She lifted her head and looked at me tell me she was tired. I nodded and lead her to the bed letting her lay down then climbing in next to her. She sighed laying her head on my chest while holding my hand. I wrapped my free arm around her shoulders holding her close. "Thank you." She whispered kissing my cheek then my lips. The kids started off as a chaste comforting kiss but slowly grew stronger until we were making out. I pulled away panting lightly. "Get some sleep baby." I said playing with her hair. 

(A.N. Sorry for the short chapter but there more to come.)