Home Sweet Home

Brandy Rayana Norwood
Petersburg Virginia
Monday, July 3rd, 6:33 pm.

I took a deep breath as I pulled my baby blue Nissan Maxima into the drive way of my new home. It had been a while since I stepped foot back into Petersburg, I vowed that I would never come back once I left for Georgia State.

There was nothing here for me, and I wanted to pursue my singing career. Things didn't work out like I thought they would. I went to Atlanta with my head in the cloud but ended up with my face in the dirt.

Everything wasn't all bad in Atlanta, I gained a beautiful baby boy from all the bull, and I honestly wouldn't trade TJ for anything in the world, he's my everything and I promised myself that I would work extra hard for him.

I never wanted him to want for anything, I wanted him to have the best of everything, because he deserved just that much. Grind season was gone be extra hard.

"TJ, baby wake up, we're here," I said as I cut the engine. I turned around and TJ was fast asleep. I smiled because he was the spitting image of his father Tyler Sr. The man who I despised more than anything in the world.

If I could have turned the hand of time I would of made a better choice for his father, but I can't now all I can do is raise him right. I can only raise him to be the man his father wasn't.

"TJ come on big baby," I said as I began to shake his leg. He stirred in his sleep for a moment, right before fully waking up. "We're are we mommy?" He mumbled as he rubbed his eyes and yarned.

"We're home baby boy, come on," I said as I got out grabbing my purse. I closed my door and went to opened his door. I smiled as I watched my eight year old son hop out the car.

I walked around to the trunk and I handed him his Spider-Man suit case and back pack, while grabbing my own suitcases.

I didn't have to pack anything but my clothes, considering the fact that I bought all the furniture here and my father and brother picked it up bringing here.

I was happy that my furniture was already here and set up, all I had to do was put me and TJ's clothes away.

"Uncle Ray J!" TJ squealed the moment he saw Ray J walk out the front door. "Hey squirt, you got so damn big man," Ray J smiled as he picked TJ up swinging him around in the air.

TJ doubled over with laughter as Ray tickled him. "I missed you man," Ray smiled. "I missed you too, are we going to play football again?" TJ smiled.

"Of course man, I'll tell you what it's too late tonight but tomorrow I'll come over and we can play in the back yard how that sound?" Ray J asked.

"Good you better keep your promise," TJ said with a straight face. "What, what's all that? Huh? What," Ray said as he began tickling TJ again.

My heart warmed as I stood and watched Ray and TJ, I was so happy with their relationship. Ray J was like a father figure to TJ even though he was his uncle. He was a great uncle to TJ and I always told him that.

"TJ, go ahead in the house babe it's getting late, maybe Uncle Ray can help you put your clothes away," I replied.

"Will you?" TJ asked. "Yeah of course I'll be up there in a minute," Ray J replied. "Okay," TJ smiled as he grabbed his suit case and ran back upstairs.