chapter four

iv : they meet

[shawn's pov]

My phone buzzes.

Ella: making sure ur not a pedo or perv. omw

I giggle slightly to myself, and start to tidy up the house a little bit. Then I go up to my room and check my appearance in a mirror, hoping I look good to her.

I kill time in my living room on my phone. After a few minutes, the doorbell rings.

This is it. I run my hand through my hair really quick and open the door.

"Uh, hi," Ella shyly says. "Are you, um.."

"Shawn," I finish for her, smiling.

"Yeah, sorry I forgot your name," she laughs a bit. God, she's cute.

"Oh!" I say after staring at her for several seconds longer than I should have. "Your stuff from the store is in here." I lead her to the living room.

"Great."

I close the front door behind her, but she's already rushing back towards it. Her arms are full with grocery bags.

"Ella, here, let me help you," I say taking half the bags and holding the door back open for her.

"Thanks," she breathes out and pops open her trunk. We put the bags neatly in her trunk.

We walk back inside my house and fall back on the couch. I don't mention she still has my groceries, I'm not ready for her to leave yet.

"Want something to drink?" I ask her.

"Sure, do you have orange juice?" Ella turns and asks me.

"Yeah, let me get you glass."

I walk into the kitchen and grab a blue cup from the cupboard and pour some orange juice.

I walk back to the living room, where she's looking around the room.

"Here you go," I say, watching as she takes a sip.

"Thank you," she says. "So, care to tell me why you purposely switched carts?"

ððð