Forgotten- Notice

I was sitting alone at lunch; like usual. My paper bag lunch, slightly ripped, with a note from my mom. It read, " Dear Mortem, I hope you have a wonderful first day of school! Make lots of friends! Love, Mom." Friends? Wonderful? That was the complete opposite thing that was happening today. I slowly ate my sandwich, looking for someone to notice me. No one; I mean it is hard to make friends with someone " special " as me.

 No one; I mean it is hard to make friends  with someone " special " as me

" Hey... Um I am Kate... What's your name?" She ran up to me with her right hand out.
" Oh. Hello, Kate... I am Mortem." I wondered what caught this girls interest. I looked at her hand, I hesitated, but I shook her hand very carefully.
" It's very nice to meet you Mortem! I saw you... alone...  And I think you might need a friend. Oh, why do you have bandages around your hands? Did you hurt yourself?" She took my hands, both smothered in bandages, and examined them. I tore my hands away, shoving them in my jacket pockets.
" ... No... I just... I-" I couldn't tell her. I couldn't show her. I would lose her either way.
" ... Hey it's okay... Look" she rolled up her sleeve, showing a small bandage covering her elbow. " I fell and scraped my elbow... heh." She rubbed her elbow remembering the small pain.
" Hehe, that- ha- really looked like it- haha- hurt- pfft!" I couldn't help myself from laughing.
" Hey!!! It did hurt!" She shoved me, laughing.
The dismissal bell rings.
Kate looked at me and waved, " See you tomorrow!"
I stared at her as she walked away. I thought to myself, Wow, someone noticed me today.

I couldn't stop thinking about Kate. She was so nice to me; no one was ever that nice to me. I couldn't believe it.

As I was heading home I heard rushing footsteps

As I was heading home I heard rushing footsteps. I tensely jerked my head around to see a group of guys that went to my school.
"Hey it's that lonely kid!" One shouted.
" Isn't he "special"?! Another taunted.
" Aw look he is walking home alone! Where is your girlfriend?!" A tall wolf snarled.
I couldn't stop myself; I did it. I tore off my layered bandages. My hands glowed a blood red.
" I didn't want to do this, but..." I stared at their bulging eyes. They were scared, I could feel it.
" Uh hey, M-Mortem, right?! We didn't mean it!" One of the wolfs persuaded.
" Sure you didn't..." I ran right to them. I felt the power go throw my veins; it didn't get to my head until it was too late.
I realized, I killed them... It was an accident, I swear... I-I am sorry. Tears rolled down my face. I sprinted home, leaving the bodies alone.

I walked into my house, I looked at my mother's fearful face

I walked into my house, I looked at my mother's fearful face. I looked at my glowing hands. I stated, " My name is Mortem for a reason."

To Be Continued..............