Angel and Demon

Demon: Outside, The Bins

Left for trash. My body thrown out to decompose. Sadly, that wouldn't be the case for me.

My heartbeat took over an hour to readjust itself to its regular speed. A trick I had learned a long time ago, in a accident that ruined my life, finally put to good use. Both of us survived. Now we could stop what would happen next.

I figured that the Angel would have gone straight for the town. I wasn't too far away, maybe a few hours walking. Less if I flew.

Climbing the warehouse was easy, and the years of work I had put into building up my wing muscles finally came into good use. They could flap hard each time I had to jump, and it allowed me to progress my climb quickly.

The black feathers sprung out behind me as I reached the top. Most of the girls in the warehouse never learnt how to do this. Some of them had no control over them, and count even glide. It took a long time to learn. I was glad I had them.

Fortunatly, I knew the basic techniques of flying. I pushed off, and they lay flat through the air and I glided until I found a warm air current to lift me,tilting the wings every so often to stay steady. My legs snapped together to reduce the drag, and I was flying.

This wasn't a new experience for me. When I had first arrived, they used to let me fly out here. I was one of the first girls, and with thier insane idea that I would be the one to fight a white angel one day, they gave me a little more leeway.

Soaring over the desert, I made my way to the tiny distant lights that was my old home.