One Night With You

"So you'll be there?" my boyfriend, Isaac Hanson, asked me as we chatted on the phone. He was currently on tour and was going to be in town the next night for a show. He called me every night after each show and we would talk for hours on end.
"Of course!" I told him. "Where else would I be?"
I could almost hear him smile over the phone, "I can't wait to see you!"
"I can't wait either," I said. "I've missed you so much."
"I've missed you too," he replied.
We talked for a little while longer before he finally gave into his need to sleep. We said our goodbyes and ended the call.
I could barely sleep that night I was so excited, but somehow I managed to fall asleep.

I arrived at the venue a little before their tour bus did. I texted Ike to let him know I was there.
"We're about a half hour from the venue," he texted back. "Go ahead and go in. They know you're coming."
"Okay," I replied. "I'll see you in a little bit"
I locked my car up and headed up to the venue's side entrance. I told them my name and just like Ike said the let me right in. They showed me where I could wait and I took a seat. It was weird to see the place so empty. Every time I had been in there it had been for a concert and was wall to wall packed. It had been in this very building that Ike and I met two years ago during a soundcheck VIP meet and greet. We hit it off almost instantly and started off just talking. Then he came out to see me a few times and I flew to Tulsa to see him and we had been together ever since. It was hard being long distance but we always made it work.

"Hey you," a voice interrupted my thoughts. I looked up and there he was. He had on a black zip up hoodie over a black T-shirt and a tight pair of blue jeans. I jumped up and threw my arms around his neck and kissed him.
"I missed you," I said breathing in his scent. Every time I saw him I tried to savor everything because it was always a while before we saw each other again.
"I missed you too, darlin," he smiled. "I'm so glad you came."
"I told you where else would I be?" I giggled.
"Yeah but tonight's extra special," he said.
"Why's that?" I asked curiously.
"You'll see," he grinned sheepishly.
"Okay, keep your secrets," I rolled my eyes playfully. "I see how it is."
"Come on, brat," he said kissing me again before leading me back to go say hi to his brothers.
Taylor and Zac both hugged me when they saw me. We chatted for a little while before it was time to do The Walk. Taylor grabbed his megaphone, we slipped off our shoes and headed outside.

Later that night, I was watching the show from the backstage area. The guys were killing it out there as usual.
About midway through the show, Zac and Taylor joined me backstage so Isaac could do his solo.
"Normally," I heard Isaac tell the audience. "I'd jump on the piano and get to it, but tonight, I have a very special guest here with me. Someone I'd like to bring out on stage for this next song."
I looked over at Taylor and Zac and they both just grinned at me like kids in a candy store.
"Rachel, baby," Isaac said, looking backstage to me. "Can you come out here?"
I put my hands up and shook my head, "Oh no."
"Come on," he pushed, then turned back to audience. "Maybe she needs a little coaxing. Can ya help me out guys?"
The audience cheered in response and started chanting for me to come out.
I sighed and slowly walked on stage. I was greeted with louder cheers from the audience when they saw me. I knew my face had to be beet red. There was already a stool out there placed in the middle of the stage and Isaac directed me to sit.
"This one's for you, my love," he said and began singing "For Your Love."
When he finished, I clapped along with everyone else and started to stand to exit the stage.
"Oh not so fast," Isaac said, making me sit back down and he spoke back into the microphone. "As many of you know, Rachel and I been together for two years and it hasn't always been easy having a long distance relationship, especially one with me."
The audience and I laughed, but he continued, "But it has been so worth it. Now some of you may know this already, but Rachel and I met in this exact building, two years ago this past July. When we set up the tour this year, I had to make sure we got this venue because I knew that this is exactly what I wanted to do. We worked our whole tour around scheduling a show at this venue because this wouldn't have been absolutely perfect if it had been anywhere else and I wanted this night to be perfect. So I have to thank my brothers for putting up with me being a pain in the ass and helping me do all of this."
The audience cheered again as I sat there feeling a combination of confusion and disbelief.
"Rachel," he said, turning back to me. "I have never met a girl like you before. And I know I've never loved anyone as much as I love you. You've made my life complete in so many ways and now I don't know if I could live without you. And I don't even want to try."
He pulled something out of his jacket pocket and crouched down on one knee in front of me. The audience's screams were almost deafening. My eyes widened and my jaw dropped.
"Will you make me the happiest man alive and promise to spend the rest of your life with me?" he proposed opening what I now saw was a ring box. I glanced down at the ring and it was a beautiful solitary teardrop shaped diamond.
I covered my mouth in shock and the tears started flowing as I nodded vigorously and squeaked out a yes.
He put the microphone toward me and grinned, "I don't think they heard you in the back."
"Yes!" I cried into the microphone. He slipped the ring on my finger then I threw my arms around his neck. He picked me up and spun me around kissing me before setting me back down.
"I love you," I read his lips as he spoke the words but I couldn't hear him over the audience who was screaming, cheering, and clapping so loud the drowned out any other sound.
I kissed him again and we headed backstage.