Part 5: Professor Toad Face

A/N: BE WARNED! That video is so dam (XD I'm crazy) catchy!

Also, a grape peed on me today :( .

Harry's P.O.V.

As my parent's killer's grandson walked in, all the girls seemed to fall down to his feet, and he didn't seem to notice anything.

I rolled my eyes at his obliviousness, and waited for the hat to sort him into Slytherin. I mean, he may not be evil, but his grandfather is Voldemort, so it was only fair, right?

I looked and looked and looked.

"What d'you reckon is taking so long?" Ron asked Hermione exasperatedly.

I agreed with him. It's already been more than five minutes!

"I don't know ..." She answered.

"Well, that's a first!" I joked to lessen the tension of anxiousness.

About after two minutes, Perse- sorry, Percy seems to stiffen. Then a while later, the hat shouted, "GRYFFINDOR!"

Loud applause broke across the room, mostly from our table.

When he reached the table, he gave a short laugh. "That hat is weird."

I have to say the same about you...

He sat down beside Hermione as Fred and George came over.

"So, mate-"

"-tell us why-"

"-the hat took-"

"-so long to-"

"-get you sorted-"

"-into your house?" They said that last line simultaneously.

He shrugged. "Hell if I know."

Uncomfortable silence settled on us after George and Fred left.

"So ... You're in the seventh year, right?" I asked.

"Yup."

"You'll be in the same year as Fred and George, you know that?"

"Yup."

"You're seventeen, correct?"

"Yup."

This was getting annoying. I'm trying to start conversation here, but all he answered with is, 'Yup,' while popping the 'P'.

He seemed distracted as he nodded absentmindedly to what we were saying.

Then the food appeared, and Perseu- Percy looked at in awe, almost as though he's never seen magic before.

I narrow my eyes, wanting desperately to speak to Hermione about this. And Ron, of course.

(A/N: I know Percy eats ALOT but he doesn't eat like a pig, so imma not do dat here. Sowwy :( ). After we all eat, Ron being disgusting, Hermione asking Percy, "Where does all that food go to?", and me catching Cho Chang's eye, Professor Dumbledore stands up.

"Can I have a moment of attention, please? I would like to inform the first years that the forest is out of bounds by all. And, as usual, the caretaker, Mr. Filch, has asked me to remind you that magic is not tolerated in corridors, in between classes. We have two new teachers in our staff this year. Professor Grubbly-Plank will be teaching Care of Magical Creatures in Hagrid's absence." At this, Hermione, Ron, and I exchanged worried glances.

"I would also like to introduce the Defense Against The Dark Arts teacher, Professor Dolores Umbridge. Tryouts-"

Suddenly, Professor Dumbledore was interrupted by a sinister 'Hem, hem.'