Envy

Stevie laid on a hospital bed a few hours after being admitted. She had her eyes closed; concentrating on the strong thumping sound of her baby's heartbeat which was being closely watched by a fetal monitor wrapped around her belly. When she had arrived at the hospital, her blood pressure was extremely high. Now it had gone down and was normal.
Christine sat in a chair next to the bed flipping through a magazine, not really paying attention to what was on the pages.
Stevie laid there thinking back to her dream of Lindsey attacking her; no he didn't hurt her physically but he sure did emotionally and
in a time when she needed him the most.
Tears spilled down her cheeks as she cried softly.
Christine heard her sniffling and looked up from the magazine. She closed it and put it down on the hospital table. She leaned forward and put her hand on Stevie's and gave it a squeeze.
Stevie's eyes opened and stared into Christine's eyes. Christine's heart broke for her friend; she could see the pain that Lindsey had caused.
"Don't think about anything right now love. Just try to get some sleep, alright? I'm going to stay right here by your side. I'm not going anywhere." Christine said.
Stevie squeezed Christine's hand and smiled a small smile. She closed her eyes and once again listened to the baby's heartbeat and let go of every other thought.

Before Stevie knew it, it was the next day. Her doctor gave her the all clear and released her from the hospital and put her on bed rest for a few days then she would need to come back for a follow up.

The week that followed Stevie ignored Lindsey's phone calls and would have Christine or Karen turn him away from the door when he came knocking wanting to see her.
She thought long and hard of what her next steps were going to be.

Stevie had her follow up to make sure that the baby was doing fine; the doctor gave her the all clear to resume her regular activities but had told her not to stress and to rest as much as possible if she felt tired.
She also spoke to her doctor about what she had decided to do. Her doctor agreed and she was on her way; although he told her absolutely no flying.

Stevie had decided to move back to Arizona; she wanted to be closer to her family.
She didn't want anything to do with Lindsey, and had gone back to her original plan of raising the baby on her own.

Karen began making phone calls to make the arrangements for the move. They would drive the five hour drive to Phoenix.
Stevie had found the perfect house and it was only a few minutes away from her parents home.
Also, with everything going on, her Enchanted Box set was put on hold for now and pushed back until a further date.

Arriving in Phoenix, Stevie went straight to her parents home. She would stay there while Karen, Christine and Mick took care of the move.
Her parents immediately embraced her and told her how beautiful she looked. They were excited to feel the baby kick and couldn't wait to meet their grandson.

After their greetings, Stevie held on to her mother a bit longer as she sobbed in her arms. Stevie's mother Barbara, led Stevie upstairs and into her old bedroom and helped Stevie lie down.
Barbra curled up next to her daughter and held onto her until Stevie let out all of her tears.
Stevie told Barbara everything that had happened with Lindsey.
Barbara was really disappointed in Lindsey for putting her daughter through this; she had always loved him like a son and had hoped that he and Stevie would marry. Now she knew that that will never happen.
Barbara stayed with Stevie until she fell asleep; she tucked Stevie in and kissed her forehead before leaving the room to let her daughter get some rest.

A few weeks passed and everything was settled in Stevie's new home. The nursery was the first room to be set up; it was like the one at the condo.

Stevie's stress levels had gone down immensely. She now breathed a sigh of relief as she was now situated in her new home.