Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Alastair's POV

Pfft. Yeah right. And I'm Dracula. Sureee. I heard her chuckle in her mind.

'' I'm not joking, Eleanor. '' I glared at her.

She immediately dropped the smile that was playing on her lips and looked up at me. Her sea green eyes were filled with fear. I dint want her to look at me with fear. I wanted her to look at me with love. She was my mate, after all. The one that is destined to be with me till I die. The last thing I wanted to do was scare her off.

I had no idea how I was going to explain all of this to her. About her father, how he was the Beta of the pack when my father was the Alpha before I took the responsibility and Eleanor's father, Beta Carl died while fighting in a rogue attack. His last wish was for me to find Eleanor and join her to the pack. He said she would turn when she was sixteen and just when I saw her last night when Dante and Mac brought her home, I was surprised by the power that was already being emitted by her. She would turn in a few days and I would have to be there to guide her through it all.

''Eleanor, your father was a werewolf. '' I said and waited for her reaction.

She looked at me quizzically and frowned.

'' Stop playing with me, whatever your name is. I have to go find my mom. '' she said and yanked her hand away from mine.

''My name is Alastair and I'm not playing with you. I'm telling you the truth. You need to listen. '' I said.

'' But there is no such things as werewolves. '' she said and I could clearly tell that she was annoyed.

Up until last night, I never knew she was my mate. All I knew was I had to find her and get her in the pack before she awakens. But when I saw her last night, I went crazy. My hormones started thumping and my wolf said that one word I'd been waiting to hear for the past eighteen years.

Mate.

'' Yes, there is. I am one. Your father was one. '' I said.

''Dint you ever wonder why your dad never came home? Why he never lived with you and your mother? ''

'' He was working in England, that's why. '' she said.

'' No. '' I shook my head.

'' He was the Beta of our pack. He had a pack to take care of. That's why he never visited you. Your mother was..is human and she was your father's mate. Your father had to choose between the pack and your mother-''

'' And he chose the pack...'' she whispered.

'' Yes. '' I nodded.

'' But...this doesn't make any sense. Why dint my mom tell me? '' she looked at me with questioning eyes.

'' Because your mom wanted to keep it a secret from you, I guess. Maybe she was scared you would soon be awakened and would leave her. '' I tried to state the possibilities.

'' I-I'm a w-werewolf? '' she stuttered and gulped and I nodded my head in response.

'' And you're my mate. '' I said.

She gulped again and dropped her gaze to her hands. This was probably too much to take for her at once but she needed to know. Or things would get out of hand when she first shifts and she could harm people around her.

''.Who is a Beta? And an Alpha? '' she asked.

'' An Alpha is the male wolf who is the leader of the pack. He is the highest in rank and power. Everybody in the pack is expected to give respect to the Alpha and bow to him whenever they see him. A Beta is second in rank after the Alpha. He is to be respected too. '' I said.