chapter 2.

Two years later

10:00AM

I put my headphones on and stepped in the bus. Soon I noticed how crowded it was and how many people  were around me. I stared at some of them for a while and they all seemed so sad or deep in thoughts. Like they didn't wanna be here, or felt like their souls were suffocating they would rather disappear than spent another minute on this earth.

I look down at my phone; 10:22AM

I finally arrived at the mall. Jack will be here any minute. Nevertheless, I wasn't looking forward to seeing him again, and I couldn't understand why.
Deep inside my heart I knew I was with him just because my psychologist thought that living like a normal teenage girl, after that accident, was the only way my mental health would be radically improved.

"Ashley" I turned around and i could  feel his soft lips against mine.

"Babe, I missed you" he said smiling.

"But I'm here now, Jack, so everything is okay. Right?"

I didn't know if I was in love with him. We have been together for one year now and he kept telling me that he loved me but I didn't know how to feel about it.
I didn't know how relationships were supposed to work or what I should do or say. It felt really complicated.

"Babe since it's your birthday today, I decided to throw a little party at my house tonight" he interrupted me from my thoughts.

"Ugh Jack I don't know. I'm not in the mood" I told him.

"Ashley come on! It'll be fun and everyone from school is coming. Don't ruin it".

The last thing I want right now is to spend my birthday with all these assholes.

"fine." I gave in only because I wasn't in the mood of arguing with him.

He was smiling like an idiot as he leant towards me.

"Thanks bae" he said and then he kissed me.

"Yeah whatever" I said.

I didn't wanna act all bitchy to him but I would rather spend the night all by myself watching the Titanic while crying my eyes out, than being there.
______________________

10:34PM

I was ready and heading to Jack's place. I had decided to tell him I had a headache so as to leave earlier.

I could hear the music playing from outside of his big house. Seemed like the "little party" he was referring to, turned out to be a big one.
I caught sight of some people I knew but I didn't even bother to talk to them.

However,I noticed some people who haven't seen before. Great. I was there  for only five minutes and already done with it.

I stepped inside the house passing through some drunk teenagers who were dancing.

I could see Jack sitting on the couch and went over there to talk to him.

"Hello, my beautiful bae" he screamed.

"Hello you guys" I hugged them all and sat next to Michael. He was the best dude ever because a)he wasn't fake like most people here b)he could make you happy as soon as you started talking to him and c)he knew all these bands no one is aware of and that's freaking awesome.

..........

I had been sitting there for an hour  listening to Michael talking about a new band he had discovered.
Jack was on his own world, drinking beers, not even caring about the consequences.