5 - Following the Rules

I went to Brahms' room to look for the doll. Fortunately, it was there, sitting on the edge of the bed with the rules and a schedule next to it. I think this is it, it's time to follow the rules. I cautiously pick up the doll and looked up the schedule. What I have to do right now is change his clothes.

"Let's get you changed." I said.

I searched up the drawers to find his clothes. I picked up the clothes and get him changed. Then I went to the kitchen to feed him. I sat him on one of the chairs and then I went to look for some food. This is ridiculous, why should I feed a doll? But no matter how stupid the rules are, I had to follow it, or weird things will start to happen again.

I made Brahms a sandwich. I placed it in front of him and I just sat next to him, waiting for him to eat the food which, of course, won't ever happen.

"Eat the food, Brahms." I said.

I waited and he didn't even move an inch.

"This is ridiculous."

I stood up and picked half of the sandwich. I went out of the kitchen and ate the sandwich. I don't want to eat next to Brahms, he's creeping me out. When I got back to check on Brahms, the sandwich was gone.

"What? How is this even possible?" I said in disbelief.

"Anna? Who are you talking to?" Evan asked while approaching me.

He peered behind me to see Brahms who was still sitting on the chair.

"Oh, so you're following my plan then." he said.

"Pretty much." I replied. "Still, he's creeping me out."

"We'll just see if it's gonna work out." he said. "If you need me, I'm at the billiard room."

"Okay." I said.

I picked Brahms up and brought him to the library to read him stories, just like what the schedule told me to. I picked one book and read it out loud. The story I read was about a boy who traveled a long way to find a cure for his mother. I finished reading the story and looked over to Brahms.

"Quite sad isn't it?" I said.

I picked him up and went to his room. I laid him on his bed, pray for him, and kiss him goodnight. It's actually still in the afternoon but I didn't want to do the rest of the schedule.

"Sorry Brahms, but you have to sleep very early today." I said apologetically.

I left Brahms' room to look for Evan in the billiard room. When I got there, he's still in the middle of his own game.

He then looked up at me, still holding a billiard stick in his hand. "You're done?" he asked.

"Yeah, I put Brahms to bed earlier." I said.

He raised an eyebrow at me. "But it's still in the afternoon?"

"I just don't want to do the rest."

"Well, if that's what you want." he said, putting the billiard stick back to it's place. "You wanna go out for a walk?"

"Yeah, we can go on a walk for a bit."

Me and Evan went out on a walk at the garden. There are a lot of statues placed all over the garden. The garden is huge and surrounded by the woods. Sometimes I wonder if someone or something lives in there.

"I wonder what the real Brahms was like." I said.

"Yeah, me too." Evan said. "Mr. Heelshire only told us a bit about the past and not about what Brahms was really like."

"You know, I always feel like there's something with the doll." I said. "What even bothers me was, how come Mr. Heelshire have never seen the doll but, I did. In fact, it was following me"

"I know, it's strange." Evan said.

I always thought that maybe the doll wants something from me. Maybe it wants someone to take care of it like the previous owner did, and maybe, the doll was possessed by Brahms' soul. Who knows?

This house has a dark past, and I believe that there's more to it. Hidden secrets, accidents, murder, or even an association with a satanic cult. I need to find out more before I get involved with something dangerous. I don't want anything bad to happen.

"Hey, is there something wrong?" Evan asked.

He caught me lost in thoughts and stared at me with a worried look.

"N-Nothing, I... I just miss being at home." I lied.

"Let's head back inside, okay? I think you need some rest."

"Okay..." I said.

We went back inside the house. I went straight into my room and took a shower. I turned on the hot water to relax myself, I don't do much today but it's a bit tiring. I don't know why, but every time I took a shower, I always felt like someone is watching me, always.

After I showered, I decided to read a magazine. The sun starts to set while I was reading. I put the magazine down and stood up to close the curtains. Before I do, I peeked outside the window and saw Evan stepping out from the house. He stayed here last night, maybe he's going to go home now, it's getting late anyways.

After I peeked outside, I closed the curtains and went to bed early. I heard a loud noise downstairs but I just ignored it, even though I was actually a bit terrified thinking about what might happen.