Chapter 8: No Matter What

.:Nagisa's POV:.

Rei-chan stopped what he was doing. His hands shook as he dropped the supplies.
"R-rei-chan?"
Rei-chan looked me right in the eyes. His hand reached for mine. He held my hand as he gave it a gentle squeeze.
"Nagisa-kun, it's going to be ok," he said. He sounded like he were comforting himself more than me. I felt a warm liquid begin to flow down my face. As I gazed into Rei-chan's purple orbs, I noticed small tears forming in the corner of his eyes. We both just stared into each other's eyes, not daring to look away. Simultaneously we reached out, embracing each other. Tears spilled from our eyes. I didn't know why Rei-chan was crying, but it didn't matter right now. All that mattered was that we were here, sharing this moment together.

(TIMESKIPPITY-DO TO THURSDAY BROUGHT TO YOU BY..."IIIZZZAAAAAYYAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!" FROM DURARARA!)

.:Rei's POV:.

We were at swim practice today. Haruka-senpai was floating around in the water, Makoto was talking to Kou-chan, and I was watching Nagisa do the breaststroke. What my mother had done to him was now only slightly noticeable. His bruises had mostly gone away, and there was only a small scab now on his brow line. Since the incident my mother and I hadn't spoken much. Dinners were often late and tended to be in an awkward silence. My father hadn't been coming home until around the middle of the night, often returning drunk. It was ok, though. As long as they weren't hurting any of my friends, and I wasn't suffering any physical abuse, it was going to be alright.
"Rei-chan!" A giggling voice called. I looked up to see Nagisa-kun panting slightly after his swim. His stawberry blonde hair was slightly disheveled from the water, but he had a great smile on his face, full of joy.
"Rei-chan! Can you come over today around dinner?" The smaller boy asked.
"Of course I can. But may I ask the occasion?" I asked in confusion.
"Just 'cause," he replied, smiling brightly.
"If you really would like me to come, then of course I will," I responded. The blonde jumped out of the pool in excitement.

.:Makoto's POV:.

"Hey, Kou-chan?" I asked the girl standing next to me.
"Hm?" She responded, turning to look at me.
"This may not be important, who knows, maybe it's just me. But, have you noticed that Nagisa and Rei seem ...different?"
"Well, now that you mention it, yeah! The way they talk to each other is different. Even the way they look at each other isn't the same!" Kou responded.
"That's exactly what I was thinking! I wonder why, though?"
"Well, let's make like Rei and research!"

.:Nagisa's POV:.

I got off of the train and skipped home to get ready for Rei-chan's visit. I needed to clean up my room a bit, I think. I jumped through the doorway of my house.
"Mom! I'm home!"
"Welcome back, Nagisa!
"Aha! Hey, I invited a friend over for dinner. Is that alright?" I questioned.
"Of course, Nagi! Who is she?"
"Pffft! Mom, it's Rei-chan!" I giggled, unable to contain my laughter as I walked to my room. As I walked down the hall to my room, my sisters followed me. It was a bit strange, but... maybe they had to talk to me about something!
"Nagisa! Come here!" My eldest sister called. I walked over to her room and sat down on her bed.
"Nagisa, please be honest with me. This 'Rei-chan' boy... you are always talking about him like he's some School idol or something. I really want to know, Nagisa, do you...like... Rei?"
I felt my face warm up rapidly. I opened my mouth, trying to form words that just wouldn't come out. I was utterly shocked. The question took me by surprise, and I didn't have any idea how to tell my sister.
Before I knew it, the door to my sister's room swung open as my other sisters walked in with a frilly pink dress in their hands.
"We knew it." My youngest sister said.
"Our brother is gay."

(A.N. AHHH! I have failed you all again!! I want to update for you guys but... I'm not going to even try to make an excuse for this. I'm just lazy.. BUT I'M SORRY I FEEL REALLY BAD FOR THOSE WHO LIKE THIS STORY!!! I know this chapter isn't great, but I figured that it might be better than waiting 3 years when I said I'd update in a few days... and it's already been over a week. I'm so sorry again!! I hope this chapter was alright for you guys. Its starting to come to a big turning point in the story, so, please feel free to yell at me if I don't update for a while! Again, I am so so so sorry! I hope you have a nice day!! Tata!!)