2 | the devil speaks

Vance's POV:

The girl looked to be in her mid-twenties. Her mahogany tinted brown hair was tied neatly into a bun, and I quickly scanned the outfit she wore once more. She had on a cream coloured blouse that was buttoned all the way followed by a pair of casual work pants. Upon first impression of her attire and appearance, I would think her work to be promising.

"Real estate agent," I depicted.

"Great observation, Sherlock," she rolled her eyes, and I smiled warmly at her frustration.

"I'm sorry Miss, but I'm afraid you don't fully understand the situation you have put yourself in."

"I'm sorry?"

I knew I could have easily gotten an apology out of her and walked away but since I had no motivation to return to the numerous meetings and paperwork waiting for me back at the office, I decided against it.

"I just figured Miss," I suggested as I arch an eyebrow, "since you spilled your coffee on my suit, I deserve compensation."

"Fair enough, how much do you want for it?"

Tapping my fingers against the coffee counter, "I'll take 30 grand, Miss."

"I don't have that kind of money you jackass!" she hollered, receiving the attention of the customers in the café. Her face flushed bright red and all I could do was hold back a chuckle. "I—let me talk to your lawyer."

Sighing and furrowing my eyebrows at her bold remark, I reached my hand out. "Give me your cellphone."

"Why?" she countered, her grip on her hip becoming noticeably tighter.

"I figured a woman in such a class like yours would not be able to pay back such a liability, so to make this work in both our favours, I'm offering you a job as my secretary that will help you repay the damage of my suit."

"You're kidding, right?!" she exclaimed in disbelief. "If you think we are going to turn into some Fifty Shades of Grey shit – you get your mind out of the gutter right this instant because that is not happening!"

"Unless you really want me to call my lawyer, I suggest you stop trying to argue with me. You will start work in 2 days. I will call your current work position that you are quitting and my driver will email you will the full details in the next 24 hours."

I grabbed my iPhone from my pant pocket and began forwarding what I had said to my driver. "And no, Miss, this is not going to turn into some Fifty Shades of Grey shit, so get your mind out of the gutter." I smirked.

"You're impossible," she said, shaking her head. "this has to be a joke. I don't even know your name!"

Grinning, "The name is Vance Pierce. CEO of Pierce Corporations. Your name is Hadley Rene; I saw on your business card that was attached to your client's file. As for your client you were supposed to meet with today at 4, Mr. Simons, someone will take your place. Start heading to your office to pack your things, by the time you get there your boss will have already received the news."

As I heard the engine to my Veneno pull up in front of the café, my phone pocket started to vibrate.

"I'll be right out, Rich."

Hanging up, I turn back to the girl before me. I could see she was still trying to soak in every last detail I had said. Sure, she was beautiful to say the least with her soft green eyes and petite figure, but I knew I had no intentions to pursue any relation with her other than what I had informed her.

"Get used to it, Miss," was all I said before I turned my heel and opened the door to my Lambo.

~*~

"How was the coffee today, Sir?" Rich asked as he glanced from his rear-view mirror.

"Fine," I replied. "the company will be seeing a new face in a few days. I need you to call my assistant and have her call Billings Real Estate to let them know a girl of the name Hadley Rene is quitting."

"Of course, Sir. And how lovely! How did she received the job, may I ask?'

Smirking, I ran my tongue over my bottom lip."She fucked up my suit, Rich."   

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HELLOS

well then, how was that? I promise it gets better

please comment and let me know!

XO,

W