Chapter 3 - ''Superstition'' (pt1)

Disclaimer: The original story belongs to Isaac Marion. I do not own the original story or the original characters. I wrote the story for entertaining purposes only.

Warning: The whole story contains inappropriate material for people under the age of 13 years. Violence, suggestion and also strong language are included.

Note: Hello again WB fans!!!! :D Here is ch3!!!! I decided to divide each chapter in two parts, because I want them to be long and completed. Each chapter represents a small sub-story so I wouldn't like them to be rushed. However, because they are quite long it is a good idea to divide them to two different parts, so you can have them early enough without being rushed or tiring. What can I say? I am a perfectionist :P. In chapter 2 M explained R how people are treating zombies. As you can figure out from the title, in this chapter you will see how certain people really feel about this new situation and our character are going to see who is their friend or foe. You will also have the chance to read some of John's thoughts. I don't want to spoil it to you so I won't say more. Don't forget to tell me your opininon. Enjoy! 

                                                    Chapter 3 – Superstition

John:

I fix the papers for the meeting. Dear God, what have I done? I have brought thousands of zombies inside the only place that it used to protect us, the Wall. Is it right to have them live inside the stadium, when so many families are living too? I have hope. I believe R and his friends that they have good intentions. Fighting for us is something that made them look ten times better in my eyes. And after I saw R bleeding, I have no doubts that change is coming. The problem is, though, that we have no clue if the rest of the zombies are going to have the same progress with R. Doctors have studied all of them the past days and it seems impossible for them to come into a logical conclusion of what caused R's change. My daughter told me that, being with her, R started to change dramatically fast. He was becoming alive day by day. However, Julie also said that R was different from the others from the very beginning. Therefore, we have no clue if the rest of the zombies will get better like the boy, or will become flesh-eating Boneys one day. No. I trust R and his friends. They showed us a really good will to change. I cannot allow my superstitions for them have an impact in my way of thinking. Michael and I have already contact the other colonies and we all agreed to start a steady transition for them and for us, according to the 'new situation'. Yes. Finally after all these years we are going to make this hell that is called world a better place. I only wish Audrey was here with us. I sigh and I turn to face Michael Rosso and our furious Lieutenant, Gregory Hughes. We may have taken actions for this urgent situation, but we never had the chance to share our thoughts about these things. This is our chance.

''Are we ready to start the meeting now gentlemen?'' I ask them hoarsely. They both nod in agreement and Gregory waves his hand.

''Make it quick, Grigio, I don't have all day.'' He snaps impatiently.

''Okay. I think you all know the reason of our meeting-''

''Of course! The corpses who live right next to our door!'' Hughes interrupts me shouting. I exhale loudly, trying to remain calm. This guy always seeks for trouble.

''So? What is your problem, Hughes?'' I ask him crossing my hands in front of my chest. With the edge of my eye, I glance Michael shaking his head mockingly, pointing Greg. I can't help a short smile. We both know how delusional and paranoid is this guy. However, he is a good soldier and leader. That is why we keep them on the force.

''My problem? Oh, I don't know! Maybe that we are about to be eaten during the coming week?'' He yells. I raise my eyebrow. My face remains expressionless.