Chapter 1

Chapter 1

"Are you sure you want to do this, Rayne? What if he just left because he doesn't love you anymore like he used to," my best friend, Haylee, asked me bluntly.

"For the tenth time, YES I AM SURE!" I yell, not mad at her but just getting annoyed. I continue packing clothes into my traveling bag.

She didn't even flinch. "Well if you say so. How are you going to track him down?"

I pause, debating on what I should tell her. "Henry gave me the location where the emergency number Drake gave me is coming from," I say hesitantly. She knows that Henry, who is a huge computer geek/hacker, has a huge crush on me even though she is the one who likes him, not me.

Her face gets this weird look but she doesn't say anything. I am grateful for that.

It has been three weeks since my boyfriend, Drake, left without telling me why. All he said was that it was for my own good, to protect me. Well, now I am going to look for him. I need to make sure he is ok and i need him to know that I didnt mean what I said when I told him I never wanted to see him again.

I push the traveling bag onto my shoulder and look at my surroundings one more time. My house is very small, but cozy. I love it because it is my home.

Haylee walks with me out the front door. She lives with me and has been my best friend for three years. "So where is the phone number coming from?" she asks.

"Las Vegas," I reply grimly. I definitely wasnt looking forward to all the crazy people i have heard are in Las Vegas.

Haylee grabs my hands and looks into my eyes. "Just promise me you will be careful!" she says forcefully.

I look at her closely. It looks like she hasn't got sleep for days. "ok, I promise"

She lets me go and I can see tears in her eyes. "Hey, don't worry about me," I say quietly.

She laughs humorlessly. "You know thats not possible," she says lightly.

I nod because I know it is true.

I give her one last hug before i turn around and get in my Honda Civic. I take a deep breath. Las Vegas, here I come!

*I am sorry its so short. I promise they will get longer:)*